Post-Game Talk: Matthews with a 4pt night and the Oiler win 7-1

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
So far their radio guys are finding a massive amount of positives for the Flames. Loubardias (hugest homer in the world) says he likes what he saw and that the game wasn’t that bad

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

no wonder Flames fans are so stupid if these are the “experts” breaking it down for them. My god.

Last edited:

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
The Flamers best PP move on the night

Attachments

• 80717BC7-1B40-4890-88D7-B7C7A13F6AA0.jpeg
    80717BC7-1B40-4890-88D7-B7C7A13F6AA0.jpeg
    124.7 KB · Views: 5

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
What scares me is that Nurse is finally playing very well and is becoming a legit good top pairing D....just in time for UFA....This reminds me a lot of the Petro situation in STL. He was 'OKAY' with flashes of brilliance and regular slumps, finally plays some Norris caliber hockey in his contract year and then wants waaaay too much, money, term and NMC. Blues were smart to just let him walk and replace him with Krug. I hope Holland is prepared to make the same tough choices with Nurse, no reason to overpay him when there is a large potential for a relapse into the Nurse we've been bitching about for years.

He's been playing really well for like three seasons. He's just on another level now.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Worst telecast ever lol.

Louis Debrusk must have been drunk all night.

"Oilers have won 11 out of their last 9 games"

"If flames score here its another moral victory" (its 7-1)

"This game kind of over" (its 7-1)

That was just Debrusk. Singh needs to never be part of another Oilers telecast after this one. He was emphasizing every Calgary chance, practically yawning when the Oilers have a chance. Half the time the Oilers had the puck he's still talking about the great Calgary defending in a 7-1 loss and that the Oilers were lucky to win.

I see you’ve finally seen the light on Singh. :) I think Louie just dumbed it down a level to try and fit in.

Brown Cat

Hates OP
Jan 7, 2021
So far their radio guys are finding a massive amount of positives for the Flames. Millions (hugest homer in the world) says he likes what he saw and that the game wasn’t that bad

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

no wonder Flames fans are so stupid if these are the “experts” breaking it down for them. My god.

Yep, heard some criticisms, but they switched right to positives lmao. I hope flams enjoy their version of Baghdad Bob.

Reactions: TB12

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
What scares me is that Nurse is finally playing very well and is becoming a legit good top pairing D....just in time for UFA....This reminds me a lot of the Petro situation in STL. He was 'OKAY' with flashes of brilliance and regular slumps, finally plays some Norris caliber hockey in his contract year and then wants waaaay too much, money, term and NMC. Blues were smart to just let him walk and replace him with Krug. I hope Holland is prepared to make the same tough choices with Nurse, no reason to overpay him when there is a large potential for a relapse into the Nurse we've been bitching about for years.
Nurse still has one more year so...

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
They had one . Tkachuk told them it was on him to turn the season around . He failed miserably . No turn around coming . Time to make some panic moves and f*** the team long term

Sorry, should have shown the sarcasm emoji on my post.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
Listening to flames radio while reading calgary puck...

N-E-B;7749801 said:
Season’s done. Any good picks to be had at 12th overall?
I hate this team.
old-fart;7749805 said:
Here is the full list of players on the Flames that showed any heart or pride:
That is all.
Team will lose by a lot to the Leafs in the next two games, then we can see who the real worse team in Canada is. My money is on the Flames.
ComixZone;7749802 said:
Let this be the formal ending of this ridiculously fruitless era.
Burn this mother#%^*er down, and let’s start anew.
6d652de8fa3511abea93f4717b5c48ea.jpg

But my favourite:

Roof-Daddy;7749823 said:
Come on everybody, we just need to be more patient.
This team is very close.

Captain Fantastic

Cpt. Fallustina
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Telecast is shining more Flames turds now. "Moral victory, team playing better, bonding, gelling.

its like somehow the Flames became the Leafs west. Except the Flames are garbage and won't make the playoffs.
Need to find a bootleg broadcast somewhere. I don't know if any team ever had a moral victory after a 7-1 thrashing. Anyway , enough about the game and the win, lets talk about Matthews.....:rolleyes:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad