Matthews vs McDavid

Status
Not open for further replies.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Matthews had 5 primary points in 6 gp, McDavid had 1 in 6 WCH they
Were on the same team

Now you're just reaching into your magical Auston Matthews sack to take out whatever you can use to try to prove Matthews is better. It was funny at first, but now its gotten just sad. :laugh:

Quiet Jack

Mar 24, 2017
Lol 100% positive on that!

Also had AM34 been born in Canada, same thing.

If the Leafs had McDavid and, oh let's say the Flame had Matthews there is not a single leafs fans that would even entertain the thought that Matthews may be the better player some day.

bionic

Sep 5, 2009
markham
No and yes. I agree its possible on the 2nd part if everything comes together for Matthews in a season.

I do not agree on the 2nd part. I don't see Matthews winning an Art Ross. He would have to improve his playmaking significantly if he is to have a chance of beating McDavid for the scoring championship if both play a full season. If he doesn't to use an example. He'd have to score 61 goals just to match McDavid's 100 point season this year. This is highly unlikely.

McDavid has too much going for him to not be the scoring champ for the majority of years this upcoming decade. The only thing that will prevent him from this is injuries.

Mathews playmaking ability was able to set up Hyman for top 3 in the league inscoring chances. It's not Matthews fault that Hyman has hands of stone and can't convert. It's only a matter of time before Matthews start collecting those second assists ala McDavid.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Mathews playmaking ability was able to set up Hyman for top 3 in the league inscoring chances. It's not Matthews fault that Hyman has hands of stone and can't convert. It's only a matter of time before Matthews start collecting those second assists ala McDavid.

I wouldn't mind seeing a source on that scoring chance part.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
You know that by this statement you are admitting the rest of your post was false, right? Otherwise you would say something like "I stand by every word."

I do stand by every word but I wanted to start with his most egregious claim and work from there to sway him

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
Also better looking, hotter mom, cooler dad, was also a great baseball player (duel threat), survived summers in that incredible desert heat, snubbed the OHL (that ones gotta hurt many lol) etc etc etc........

I heard when you talk to him up close, your voice echoes?(nostrils)

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
This thread is still going on? yeesh.. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Matthews see minimal improvement next year. He came into a league physically ready and from a pro league the prior year, so I think his developmental curve will flatten out quite a bit.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Also better looking, hotter mom, cooler dad, was also a great baseball player (duel threat), survived summers in that incredible desert heat, snubbed the OHL (that ones gotta hurt many lol) etc etc etc........

I don't know.

I think he takes a hit in nostrils/60.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

I keep hearing this cited. I would like to see the criteria of how they compiled this stat and the source. So I can judge for myself the merits of this statement.

I think we can be reasonable and agree McDavid is a better playmaker. An elite playmaker with few rivals.

Further it is tiring reading Hyman being used for Matthews excuse for not having more than 29 assists last season. Maybe he needs a winger like Maroon who was able to score 27 times last season. The same winger that was apparently holding Matthews back at the World's last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad