Matthews vs Kucherov, who would you rather have?

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Kuch creates more on his own and is the more all around more dangerous forward. Matthew’s is a center tho. I would always build a team down the middle.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
We ain't talking resume bud. We talking about game impact. Kuchy has a stacked team. Matthews snipes more goals, is bigger, and can carry a shit franchise with incompetent management to the playoffs.

Kucherov still better overall in a vacuum though in my estimation when taking their talents today.

Re bolded... Unfortunately for Auston and you Leafs fans, the "carry" part stops at the end of the regular season: end of the line, all off the train please. For this reason, it's Kucherov, 10 out of 10 times.

Reactions: Garthinater

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Recency bias and position. I also think most people commenting also have not seen Kucherov play

Can this line of reasoning just stop already? I think the vast majority of posters on a hockey focused website have seen enough of most players, in particular star players like Kucherov.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Both!

But If I had to pick just, one, probably Nostrils, because Habs need finishers and he's proven to be the best out there

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Can this line of reasoning just stop already? I think the vast majority of posters on a hockey focused website have seen enough of most players, in particular star players like Kucherov.

I'm giving people the benefit of the doubt, obviously.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Matthews because Kucherov isnt a Byng finalist :sarcasm:

Kidding. Kucherov is the better player right now.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Unless you are a Leafs fan or a true American patriot there is only one sensible answer here so I'll go with that one.

BlueAzN

Jan 3, 2009
In South Carolina
Re bolded... Unfortunately for Auston and you Leafs fans, the "carry" part stops at the end of the regular season: end of the line, all off the train please. For this reason, it's Kucherov, 10 out of 10 times.
Yeah but would you trade Marchand and Pasta for Kuchy and Stamkos?

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
I take Kucherov, and it's not even a very hard decision at this point.

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
Kucherov and I am a Leafs Fan. When he is healthy he is the 2nd best player in the world.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
51 playoff points in 35 games the last 2 seasons and still going

Matthews has 24 career points in 32 games.

Reactions: DFC

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
Matthews is a fantastic talent but this isn’t a fair fight at this point in their careers. . Matthews hasn’t accomplished a fraction of what kucherov has

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Matthews is a fantastic talent but this isn’t a fair fight at this point in their careers. . Matthews hasn’t accomplished a fraction of what kucherov has

Kucherov was a playoff performer pretty early on though. Him and Tyler Johnson, believe it or not, were our best forwards in the 2015 run. Turned out he was nowhere near his peak yet.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Kucherov was a playoff performer pretty early on though. Him and Tyler Johnson, believe it or not, were our best forwards in the 2015 run. Turned out he was nowhere near his peak yet.
If only we could have seen him instead of Brendan Morrow in game 6
Pepehands-Real.png

yeaher

May 3, 2019
Kucherov, I wrote Matthews first but nah, even though he is the superior goal scorer, Kucherov is hands down the far better player and no slouch himself

meatwad4343

Apr 19, 2018
Tampa
A guy that disappears in the playoffs or a guy that shines? It's Kucherov obviously. There's a reason Toronto never makes it out of the first round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad