Matthews Vs Eichel Vs MacKinnon Vs Barkov Vs Draisaitl

Best of the 5

• Total voters

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Jesus...read the thread lmao

Matthews numbers last year extrapolated are 45 goals and 83 points, the reason he was brought up is because despite the numbers he was on pace for, he's not a 80 point center as the rest of you want to make it clear with the whole 69 point center bs or the 60 point center stuff.

That same logic can be applied for Mackinnon, he never hit 100 in a season, unless we're calling Marchand a 100 point player now too. Marchand played 6 less games than Mackinnon, Matthews played 12 less. Pretty funny how we can't extrapolate through 76% of the season or 83% of the season in Marchand's case but we can extrapolate and assume with 90% of the season. I mean do you seriously think someone with 85 points in 68 games can't reach 100 if were healthy?

Okay, my bad on the Matthews thing - I should have read the conversation deeper in.

Still, there is a difference between a guy who was 3 points away and a guy that was 15 points away.

Marchand would have required 15 points in the remaining 14 games, while Mackinnon needed 3 points in 7 games.

In the case of Marchand it's "good chance it would have happened but it would be feasible if he didn't" whereas with Mackinnon you look at the task of 3 in 7 and say "there's no doubt he hits that".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad