Matthews Vs Boeser (Goals)

Who will score more goals in their career?

• Matthews

Votes: 143 64.4%
  • Boeser

Votes: 79 35.6%

• Total voters

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Boeser isnt as good as Matthews though. Keep in mind Boeser is 7months older than Matthews.

AM34: 15g/29pts, +16 in 28 games as the 1C on a likely 100pt team
Boeser: 21g/38pts, +2 in 35 games as a winger on an awful team

its pretty funny to see the draft + 3 comparisions of Boesers to Matthews draft+1 rookie season.
Matthews had just turned 19 when he started his rookie year. Boeser turns 21 in less than 2 months
Agreed. I think it's better to compare current Matthews goal scoring to current Boeser rather than their rookie seasons as there is only a 7 month age difference between the two.
And currently I'd say it's a coin flip as to who is the better goal scorer. Probably small edge to Brock.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Just a quick back of the envelope of the percentage of the Canucks goals that Boeser has been involved in.
38 points so far. Canucks have 103 goals. He missed the first two games where 5 goals were scored. So he's in on 38 of 98 goals or 39% if my math is correct. And 10 points ahead of the second closest Canuck in points.
Not bad for a rookie.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
Agreed. I think it's better to compare current Matthews goal scoring to current Boeser rather than their rookie seasons as there is only a 7 month age difference between the two.
And currently I'd say it's a coin flip as to who is the better goal scorer. Probably small edge to Brock.

Coin flip implies you could go either way. It’s not a coin flip, because one has proven to be a 40 goal scorer, and we have to make wishful assumptions to say the same of the other, and we cannot make those assumptions and give him the benefit of the doubt because he was not even a prospect phenom. But hey, it’s your month. Say as you please.

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015

Just so you'e aware 2/3 disagree with you so I wouldn't call it a coin flip or a small edge to brock

Reactions: Menzinger

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
What truth? One is a proven 40 goal score and the other is nowhere close to it? No, really, what truth?

Nowhere close to it despite having the pace for it and has shown no signs of slowing down playing currently with average linemates and blackhole offensively d-men who can't support worth shit, and all the while playing less than 20 minutes?

The truth is it's very clear that they will be close in goals production from now onwards, and I'll give Boeser the slight edge.

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
What truth? One is a proven 40 goal score and the other is nowhere close to it? No, really, what truth?

Considering the brock supporters are in the minority (2/3rds voted Matthews) and one is quite a bit more proven, they're coming across very arrogant and cocky.

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
Nowhere close to it despite having the pace for it and has shown no signs of slowing down playing currently with average linemates and blackhole offensively d-men who can't support worth ****, and all the while playing less than 20 minutes?

The truth is it's very clear that they will be close in goals production from now onwards, and I'll give Boeser the slight edge.

Lol okay man. If you wanna think brock has the slight edge go ahead. You'll only end up looking foolish along with VG and TWS, among others

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Considering the brock supporters are in the minority (2/3rds voted Matthews) and one is quite a bit more proven, they're coming across very arrogant and cocky.

Matthews has the higher votes because he has the edge right now in terms of who will score more goals in their careers.

However, if the question was who will score from now onwards, the poll will be closer.

and there are a lot more leaf fans than there are of canuck fans, and a high percentage of those who voted for Matthews are leaf fans. Not surprising.

@bold, pot meet kettle.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
Nowhere close to it despite having the pace for it and has shown no signs of slowing down playing currently with average linemates and blackhole offensively d-men who can't support worth ****, and all the while playing less than 20 minutes?

That’s your truth? That’s wishful thinking. I can’t tell if you are prodding for a reaction or if you are being sincere. Probably a bit of both.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Lol okay man. If you wanna think brock has the slight edge go ahead. You'll only end up looking foolish along with VG and TWS, among others

The only ones who have looked foolish are you and a bunch of leaf supporters.

General arguments against Boeser are basically downplaying downplaying and downplaying etc.

Even an Oilers fan supported the Canucks player as he was objective to do so. What does that tell you?

Broaden thy horizon.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
That’s your truth? That’s wishful thinking. I can’t tell if you are prodding for a reaction or if you are being sincere. Probably a bit of both.

It's realistic to expect he will score over 30 atleast. It's likely he'll score around 35-40 goals.
How is this a hard concept to follow? The player has not been slowing down despite everything that is going against him. Boeser arguably has a better shot than Matthews as well.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

If anyone comes across arrogant here, it is not the Brock supporters. I don't see one of them saying Matthew is not in the same class of goal scorer as Boeser is. You may want to look in the mirror there...

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's
I know one thing, he's still scoring goals as teenager this year is he not? This is what Menzinger and Gartinetor and other Leafs fans are clinging to as the means of a player scoring more career goals are they not 2.0? If you don't think so, you need to read their posts more closely. Now pick which one do you believe. Laine is 39 goals ahead or Boeser is 30 goals behind Matthews. You can't have it both ways.
Interactif still going against every leaf? Some things never change!

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Interactif still going against every leaf? Some things never change!

I'm going for the slight edge to the guy with 21 goals in 35 games, and 25 in 44 games based on what I have seen of him. And as I said at the beginning of this thread, other than Laine, I have yet to see a release, a shot, with the accuracy and velocity that Boeser has. Do you have anything hockey to add to this?

Reactions: VainGretzky

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
The only ones who have looked foolish are you and a bunch of leaf supporters.

General arguments against Boeser are basically downplaying downplaying and downplaying etc.

Even an Oilers fan supported the Canucks player as he was objective to do so. What does that tell you?

Broaden thy horizon.

How are we being foolish? I posted in a different thread how this is eerily similar to last season when a young rookie burst on the scene with 19 goals in his first 38 games on a 20+ shooting %. Lots thought he was the best shooter in the league, some even saying best ever, only to have his sh % come down to 17% and his goal scoring pace took a big hit.

Brock will not finish with a shooting% above 18, let alone 21+. His production will slow down and you'll be left looking foolish, like I said.

Auston being a better goal scorer isn't a "downplay" of brock. We're just trying to tell you that his goal scoring pace isn't sustainable.

Reactions: Menzinger

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Weird poll - Boeser is 2 or 3 years older isn't he?

Regardless, just another victim for Matthews to overcome. The Jets sent their Finnish zealots at us last year, and hey slayed them. Now the Boeser boys are coming for Matty, and I am sure we know where this is going as well.

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's
I'm going for the slight edge to the guy with 21 goals in 35 games, and 25 in 44 games based on what I have seen of him. And as I said at the beginning of this thread, other than Laine, I have yet to see a release, a shot, with the accuracy and velocity that Boeser has. Do you have anything hockey to add to this?

I think Matthews is better, but not so much so to spend my time arguing the hypothetical.

I just think it's hilarious you still try to pretend you have some unbiased opinion. Everyone got tired of your schtick on the Leaf board, so you changed your name and took it to the main.

Look forward to your hilarious game in every thread involving a Leaf

Reactions: Garthinater

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad