Rumor: Matthews Suspension 2 Games

Peace Frog

“Go on, say your thing man”
Jun 18, 2009
It honestly baffles me as to why the Leafs management doesn’t speak out against these blatant inconsistencies.

I mean, in a very short period of time, posters here have compiled a caravan of clips and factoids that prove how ridiculous the DOPS is.

I’m thinking MLSE can handle the fine for voicing their frustration, no?

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
It honestly baffles me as to why the Leafs management doesn’t speak out against these blatant inconsistencies.

I mean, in a very short period of time, posters here have compiled a caravan of clips and factoids that prove how ridiculous the DOPS is.

Dubas and shanahan got to,where they got to because of there politician like behaviour. It’s not in their DNA to lash out, they are not programmed that way. Brian burke on the other hand…

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021

This is Keefes role. He has coached for a soft team. He should be taking a fine for the team to defend the best player in hockey, something not 1 teammate did on the ice.
There IS a time for retaliation penalties.
What will they do when Mitch M is left bloodied in a pile when he gets tossed around like a rag doll. It will happen soon, and when it does this team is thru, and the other NHL teams know it.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
What rule did the referee break?

Their contract? Isn't there somewhere in their CBA that to get paid they have to work? They didn't do their job two games in a row and it cost the Leafs a point and two games for our MVP.

Peace Frog

“Go on, say your thing man”
Jun 18, 2009
Watching clips of the media reaction to the Matthews suspension just annoys me more. Not one of them talk about the incredible inconsistency in the NHL’s handling of discipline.

They all just tow the party line and none of them point out past occurrences and their results. Boy would I love to hear Cherry go off about this right now! Lol

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
Dubas and shanahan got to,where they got to because of there politician like behaviour. It’s not in their DNA to lash out, they are not programmed that way. Brian burke on the other hand…
Bingo!

29Potvin

Jan 27, 2012
London Ontario
I haven't read all 14 pages but they suspended him because of the venue and not the act! it this happened tonight he would maybe get a fine.
The NHL did this because it was on a national stage and we will see many plays just like it happen in the next week.
I hope it lights a fire under AM34 and take a even bigger next step! But also MLSE/Dubas/Shanny need to make a statement and take the fine and put the League on notice. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH...even LeBrun mentioned it was a joke AM34 has only drawn 6 pims. Grow a damn set and make a statement!

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
If I ignored situations at work, or failed at my job, I'd be punished for it.

Instead the NHL looks the other way while ref's decide games while claiming they don't want to decide games.

Your job isn’t as hard as being an NHL referee. The biggest issue is that people seem to think the referees get the same angle as the TV cameras, and think that just because it was obvious on TV it means the referees should have called it. Half the people on here complaining about referees don’t even know basic rules. The number of people that pointed at the linesman (who can’t call a minor penalty) and said he was a moron for not calling the hook on Matthews was embarrassing.

I can only think of one Leaf game that I can remember thinking that the referees decided the game, and that was the playoff game vs the Bruins.

Missed calls happen all the time, and they go in favour of the Leafa just as often as they go against.

Reactions: notDatsyuk

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Alex Jones is being proven correct with every day that passes. So is the League's bias against the Leafs. Let me guess: you are waiting for CBC / CNN to tell you what to believe. The rest of us here will use our own discernment.
Who’s Alex Jones, is he part of the new US hockey broadcast deal, what did he say about the hit.

Last edited:

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
Alex Jones is being proven correct with every day that passes. So is the League's bias against the Leafs. Let me guess: you are waiting for CBC / CNN to tell you what to believe. The rest of us here will use our own discernment.

Lol Alex is certainly right on some things and I actually like the guy, but he's a full blown paranoid conspiracy theorist.

No just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I like CBC and CNN. I share your hate for them tbh.

What the f is going on lol. This is quite comedic.

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
You must have missed everything else he wrote...I guess that's how Parros comes to his decisions when suspending Leaf players.

Actually if I poke a clear hole in one thing he said then why would I need to for everything. It just shows he's biased and angry, writing a bunch of BS that doesn't make sense. The Kadri argument only stregthens my case so it shows he's desperate.

You can't just list a bunch of crap and think that counts as an argument. You need actual points.

Captain14

Jan 3, 2018
Buffalo, NY
I have called and sent plenty of emails in the past.
Everyone should hammer his email and blow up their phones all day, everyday.
The only way anything changes is if the all of the fans decide enough is enough and stop attending games, period.
I hate this league more than ever, bring back the WHA or better yet, The Canadian Hockey League to compete directly with the NHL scumbags.

[email protected]. You can also call the league offices @ (212) 789-2000.

Reactions: PromisedLand

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
So management is really not gonna say anything eh?

Well that's a big nail in the coffin of losing Matthews at the end of his contract.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Missing a few calls isn’t “not doing their job”.

If you call standing less then 10 feet away from both clearly obvious easy calls. "missing a few calls" that's on you. I call it incompetence at best. Where do I sign up to be a NHL ref, the standards don't need to be all that high. Shouldn't the best league in the world have the best reffed games?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1