Confirmed with Link: Matthews (C), Tavares named to Atlantic All-Star roster; Marner, Rielly, Andersen notable omissions

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Good, Rielly, Marner and Andersen miss

The more of our players that miss this thing the better

I want a write in campaign so none of our players go now

I don't want to risk injury to any of our players in a meaningless game, the boys deserve the rest

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
PPG/SV%

1.Kucherov 1.63
2.Matthews 1.40
3.Bergeron 1.38
4.Marner 1.36
5.Point 1.30
6.Pastrnak 1.25
(7.Eichel 1.23)

1.Rielly 1.13
2.Chabot 1.00
3.Krug 0.84
(4.Hedman 0.73)

1.Halak .928
2.Andersen .923
(3.Vasikevskiy .923)

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Rielly front runner for the Norris but left out of the ASG.... LMAO

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Jeff skinner also out of it buahaha wow

You guys are right
Players to still be voted in...shea Weber that has missed most of season so far

Go4soda

Dec 15, 2015
Imagine how entertaining marner would be in an all star game.
The persona, the creativity.
The guy is an absolute gift to an all star format.
Once again, the high foreheads at the NHL just don’t get it.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
i'm sure Dubas wanted his 11m dollar man there but hopefully him and Babs had nothing to do with him being named and if they did it doesn't get out since i doubt that would go over well with the players that were snubbed
It's not like Tavares' going is a huge travesty, Tavares is still tied for 2nd in the league for goals. I think I would have wanted Marner to go too but that's more because I think him and Matthews would have a great time at the all star game.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
What a shambles of a roster for the Atlantic. The rule of having a minimum of "one player per team" means some deserving guys are going to be left off, but even with this rule, it is impossible to argue for some of these decisions; freaking Carey Price has some of the worst full-time starter numbers in the NHL right now.

Even given this restriction that every team is represented it is possible to fix the most egregious problems here:

Barkov should be in for Florida as a forward, as he is putting up an excellent season and is the undisputed best player on the Panthers.
Yandle should be out and replaced with Morgan Rielly, who as the leading defenseman in scoring on pace for over 90 points should absolutely be in the all-star game.
To make room for Barkov, you probably have to remove Tavares. He is putting up a rock-solid season statistically, sure, but Toronto really doesn't need three players there, not with Tampa only having two (while leading the whole NHL by a country-mile in points).
Having Carey Price and his .904 sv% in the all-star game ahead of Vasilevskiy, Andersen or even Halak is unfathomable. I know the Habs need a player in, bu there has to be room for a guy like say, Max Domi who is at least putting up respectable numbers. Forget about all-star, Price is having a flat-out garbage season right now. Maybe the solution would be to swap out Stamkos for Domi (I know, I wouldn't take Domi over Stammer either, but the Habs have to have someone, and Price is just indefensible right now) and put in Vasilevskiy as the goalie for Tampa.

Revised Atlantic Roster:

F Jack Eichel, BUF (2nd)

F Nikita Kucherov, TBL (3rd)

F * Auston Matthews, TOR (3rd)

F David Pastrnak, BOS (1st)

F Max Domi, MTL

F Aleksander Barkov, FLA

D Thomas Chabot, OTT (1st)

D Morgan Rielly TOR

G Jimmy Howard, DET (2nd)

G Andre Vasilevskiy, TBL

Reactions: Dragao6

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
What a shambles of a roster for the Atlantic. The rule of having a minimum of "one player per team" means some deserving guys are going to be left off, but even with this rule, it is impossible to argue for some of these decisions; freaking Carey Price has some of the worst full-time starter numbers in the NHL right now.

Even given this restriction that every team is represented it is possible to fix the most egregious problems here:

Barkov should be in for Florida as a forward, as he is putting up an excellent season and is the undisputed best player on the Panthers.
Yandle should be out and replaced with Morgan Rielly, who as the leading defenseman in scoring on pace for over 90 points should absolutely be in the all-star game.
To make room for Barkov, you probably have to remove Tavares. He is putting up a rock-solid season statistically, sure, but Toronto really doesn't need three players there, not with Tampa only having two (while leading the whole NHL by a country-mile in points).
Having Carey Price and his .904 sv% in the all-star game ahead of Vasilevskiy, Andersen or even Halak is unfathomable. I know the Habs need a player in, bu there has to be room for a guy like say, Max Domi who is at least putting up respectable numbers. Forget about all-star, Price is having a flat-out garbage season right now. Maybe the solution would be to swap out Stamkos for Domi (I know, I wouldn't take Domi over Stammer either, but the Habs have to have someone, and Price is just indefensible right now) and put in Vasilevskiy as the goalie for Tampa.

Revised Atlantic Roster:

F Jack Eichel, BUF (2nd)

F Nikita Kucherov, TBL (3rd)

F * Auston Matthews, TOR (3rd)

F David Pastrnak, BOS (1st)

F Max Domi, MTL

F Aleksander Barkov, FLA

D Thomas Chabot, OTT (1st)

D Morgan Rielly TOR

G Jimmy Howard, DET (2nd)

G Andre Vasilevskiy, TBL

Agree on most....tavares deserves it more then Matthew's

Brayden point and jeff skinner should be there somehow

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008

But Matthews was the popular vote (should have expected something like this to happen, not that it's wrong because Matthews has been really good this season too). Tavares is arguable between him and Marner but league went with name power.

Sucks for Marner but I think they got the last man vote part right. Rielly should be in this and I think the league expects him to be voted in too.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
For many reasons, already stated, Marner and Rielly should be there - but given the format, they've swung and missed if both are left out. Especially Marner.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017

Matthews was a vote, so again, that couldn't be "chosen", so I kept him in there by default; these changes were the ones that are within the power of the actual selection committee to have fixed. Also, given his absurd scoring pace it is still fair to argue he should beat out Tavares even given his month long injury, but that is down to personal preference.

Again, given the "minimum one player per team" I can't see how you could put in Point or Skinner without removing someone even more deserving. Do you remove Kucherov, or swap another blue-liner else in for Rielly and in order to in turn remove that team's forward to make room?

Given the "on player per team minimum" it is inevitable that some deserving guys miss out (probably see at least three Lightning and three Leafs if it was on merit alone). The goal is to at least make it so there are not at least any indefensible admissions or snubs. If you have an alternate roster including Point or Skinner in mind given this rule, I would love to see it.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Whoah some JT hate going on. Does anyone realy think he should go and Stammer shoud stAY I am good with the choices. This is 50% a popularity contest and new faces have a tough time getting through the door. No shame in Marner not getting in ahead of Kuch and Pastrnak, Its a talented group of eastern wingers.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
They valued goals over assists by selecting JT.

Morgan should win the last man vote based on the size of Leafs Nation.

They really should just have the fans vote for the entire roster. Have the top vote getter for each team get in (league ensures one player from each team). Then have the remaining spots filled by next highest votes regardless of team.

Morlu

Nov 4, 2011
They valued goals over assists by selecting JT.

Morgan should win the last man vote based on the size of Leafs Nation.

They really should just have the fans vote for the entire roster. Have the top vote getter for each team get in (league ensures one player from each team). Then have the remaining spots filled by next highest votes regardless of team.

The rest would be all Leafs lol.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
If we had to send any two reps, I wanted it to be Rielly and Marner. Sucks that neither are in (for now).

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
The rest would be all Leafs lol.
If we went by points it would be Marner and Rielly. Tavares would come in next.

There should be a minimum games played.
While Matthews has outstanding numbers, he missed too much time and only has 25 games while the above have 39 and some 40.

Guys who have played the majority (if each team has 2 players) should get the nod.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Don’t send any of our RFA’s. No Matthews or Marner, just long term signed guys like Tavares and Rielly...

:sarcasm:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I get that every team has to be represented and thus a lot of the best players have to be left off but they even did that wrong sending Stammer and Tavares as the 2 extras when those F slots should have been for guys like Larkin and Domi opening up the extra slots for Rielly and Vasilevsky/Andersen. Or at least using Marner/Point instead of lesser players.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Good, Rielly, Marner and Andersen miss

The more of our players that miss this thing the better

I want a write in campaign so none of our players go now

I don't want to risk injury to any of our players in a meaningless game, the boys deserve the rest

Yep. They have 8 days off between games during the All-Star break. I would rather have them relax/rest and gear up for the stretch drive

Reactions: Kiwi

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
In 2015-16, would any of you have cared if the Leafs sent 0 guys to the all-star game? I wouldn't. Why does the NHL think that every team has to be represented by a player?

Because they want every fan base to turn on the TV.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad