Confirmed with Link: Matthews (C), Tavares named to Atlantic All-Star roster; Marner, Rielly, Andersen notable omissions

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Jeff skinner also out of it buahaha wow

You guys are right
Players to still be voted in...shea Weber that has missed most of season so far

Skinner had virtually no shot. Eichel was always going to be #1 from Buffalo and the extra spots rightfully went to Toronto and Tampa.

Rielly will win the fan vote.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018

Time to get either Rielly or Marner to the game boys and girls.

It’s a specific candidate from each team. Rielly is our only option. League released the lists this afternoon a bit after the main rosters.

Hclass47

Apr 28, 2018
Don’t send any of our RFA’s. No Matthews or Marner, just long term signed guys like Tavares and Rielly...

:sarcasm:
Dubas can use this as a bargaining chip... sorry Mitch you didn’t make the all star game so we can only offer 8.2M x 8

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Rielly is an allstar folks..so really Marner got screwed

Whoops misread Instagram post

How does he not make it hes leading NhL d in points marner deserved more than JT though

4StevieBlunder4

May 9, 2017
Whatever. This means nothing, and is a waste of a weekend. I would rather we just have actual hockey to watch honestly.

Little sour on Price over Anderson, but that’s just the way the system goes.

Overall I really could not care less and I doubt the players do much either... look at Ovie.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Rielly will hopefully win the extra spot.

I think Marner deserved to be there over JT. Probably would be a more entertaining player to watch at the all star game too.

Reactions: Crazy Monkey

BodaciousBeefBazooka

Go Leafs Go
Apr 4, 2013
Toronto
They chose Tavares as a Cinderella story for him coming back home to his favorite childhood team and performing over a point per game. Kinda makes sense.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
If we went by points it would be Marner and Rielly. Tavares would come in next.

There should be a minimum games played.
While Matthews has outstanding numbers, he missed too much time and only has 25 games while the above have 39 and some 40.

Guys who have played the majority (if each team has 2 players) should get the nod.

IMO it's a meaningless exhibition and nobody should care about stats. If fans want to vote based on stats, cool, but the ASG should be just about who the fans want to see wheeling around at half speed.

The end of year first and second team all Stars should be what is used as a true measure of who the greats are.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
TBH the All Star game is much like a dog and pony show. I'd rather all our guys just stay home and get the rest. Can we send Brown and Gauthier in Matthews and Tavares masks?

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
Surprised that it wasn't 3 leafs but at same time every other team would be pissed. Leafs might make this a flawed system if they keep turning out All Stars. Had a good Feeling Travers was going on prestige.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
If I’m Matthews and Tavares I sit out for the slap in the face Marner, Andersen and rielly just received.
That's poor sportsmenship and goes against everything that is taught into a good hockey player. You can teach your kids to be winny but leave our boys out of looser mentality. Plus it ends with a suspension. There will be labels of pre Madonna as well.

Reactions: Trawna Phan

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
I personally don're care about the snubs, although they are obvious. Keep Marner and Rielly (and Freddie) hungry and rested for the games that matter.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Don't think Tavares deserved to go over Marner, who has been the better player. I can see having Chabot there, but Yandle over Rielly? ehhh

Rielly doesn't play for Florida..

So I think you mean Yandle out and Barkov in and Tavares out and Rielly in.

Teammates Out and Teammates In.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Matthews - Marner
Point - Kucherov
Bergeron - Pastrnak
Eichel

Rielly
Chabot

Andersen
Halak

based on this year's play only those guys really demand a spot.

trouble is that's too many forwards, not enough dmen, and nobody from MTL, DET, or FLA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad