Value of: Matthew Tkachuk

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Well its the closest offer in this thread, I'd take Brady for Sam and a 1st, I've never seen the posters name before soim guessing hes either a Sens fan or a new trolling Edm fan
That person was obviously joking about the fact that "Bennett and a first" is the new "Ryder, Halak, and a 2nd". The joke being that Calgary would be trading with itself.

You can't seriously think Ottawa would even pick up the phone on Brady for Bennett and a 1st, can you?

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Maybe if they think Giordano is about to fall off a cliff they could trade him for a young top pairing defenseman or if a team is willing to give an elite centre for him, but otherwise he wouldn't be moved.
Giordano is already well off that cliff, but I feel like something like this would makes sense.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Unless we’re getting a bonafide elite 1C, why bother?
Well, if you’re like a bunch of people who believe this very well could be Gaudreau’s and Monahan’s last chance here, then you have to at least entertain the possibility. Unless of course you could return some cornerstones for 13/23, then you’re building around Lindholm, Tkachuk, Mangiapane, Dube and that IMO is just another recipe for mediocrity. No one in their right minds would build around Tkachuk as their premier offensive player.

Last edited:

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
This is ridiculous. A player has a slump and some people think they are no good anymore. He still has 10 points in 14 games. That’s pretty decent. Some players have off years. That doesn’t mean we run them out of town. He’s worth a lot to Calgary and he should be here for a long time. Why the hell do people think Flames fans don’t know what we have in Tkachuk.
Run him out of town = seeing what his value would be on a message board. Gotcha

Ledge And Dairy

Well, if you’re like a bunch of people who believe this very well could be Gaudreau’s and Monahan’s last chance here, then you have to at least entertain the possibility. Unless of course you could return some cornerstones for 13/23, then you’re building around Lindholm, Tkachuk, Mangiapane, Dube and that IMO is just another recipe for mediocrity. No one in their right minds would build around Tkachuk.
Lol?

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
I'd trade Tkachuk before I'd trade Gaudreau, but how about trading neither?
Again, this whole premise is based upon this year continuing to go sideways. I feel like there is a very low chance there aren’t major changes to a core that has continually shown they can’t get it done if they don’t turn it around.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
I'd kill to have him on the Rangers.

Kreider + 1 st + 1-2 B level prospects as starter? Probably not enough.

Although our first would be a real good pick.

A man can dream...

Reactions: Gary Stines

Ledge And Dairy

Are you going to contribute anything? I laugh at everyone of your posts when I unfortunately stumble across them, should I start replying “LOL” to all of them?
Go ahead, I'm not the one trying to justify an obvious troll post. If I'm trading Tkachuk I'm asking for Eichel minimum. Obviously that would never happen and there lies the issue.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
Maybe if they think Giordano is about to fall off a cliff they could trade him for a young top pairing defenseman or if a team is willing to give an elite centre for him, but otherwise he wouldn't be moved.
Nobody is moving anything of value for Gio

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
I'd kill to have him on the Rangers.

Kreider + 1 st + 1-2 B level prospects as starter? Probably not enough.

Although our first would be a real good pick.

A man can dream...

Can we trade you Backlund + 1st + 1-2 B level prospects for Laf?

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Not off to a very good start at all and has generally been very ineffective, but he should still be fairly heralded antics and all.

What could the Flames get if this season continues to be a disappointment?

Edit: Since it must be said, this isn’t saying he will get traded, but curious what his value would be

As an Avs fan, I find the idea Calgary would even entertain trading Tkachuk completely preposterous and short sighted. I’d make an offer because I’d love to steal him but the idea of it from Calgary’s POV is asinine. He’s a great home grown player to be in your core for the next decade.

Enjoy it vs ruin it is my advise. Trading a guy like that away tells me (and the organization) the team has no foundation or direction. Just knee jerk stupidity and impatience.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
If he were actually available I’d write nylander on a piece of paper and I’d tell them to write down what I’d need to add

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Go ahead, I'm not the one trying to justify an obvious troll post. If I'm trading Tkachuk I'm asking for Eichel minimum. Obviously that would never happen and there lies the issue.
Yeah, I’m a Flames fan trolling Flames fans? If that makes sense in your mind because you’ve put Chuckey on a pedestal the last few years like most other fans, go ahead and believe it. Lol

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
As an Avs fan, I find the idea Calgary would even entertain trading Tkachuk completely preposterous and short sighted. I’d make an offer because I’d love to steal him but the idea of it from Calgary’s POV is asinine. He’s a great home grown player to be in your core for the next decade.

Enjoy it vs ruin it is my advise. Trading a guy like that away tells me (and the organization) the team has no foundation or direction. Just knee jerk stupidity and impatience.
I don’t understand how this would be knee-jerk? Tkachuk’s offensive game consists of:
- Reverse hits to get separation
- Between the legs attempts from the post
- Usual domination behind the other teams net
- Good hand eye for deflecting pucks
- Generally poor play on the DZ half wall
- A long, sweeping wrist shot that takes so long to get off its easily deflected out of play and not a threat
- Not enough speed to be effective in transition

Tkachuk is a fantastic complimentary player, but, under the premise that Gaudreau is moved if the Flames miss the playoffs this year, that means you expect Tkachuk to likely be the driver of your offence, which is foolish. Why not see what you can get for him?

Unless you have a late 1st that turns into a play driving offensive piece, building around Tkachuk, Lindholm, Dube, etc., is just begging to be mediocre for 10 more years

Last edited:
Reactions: ivanlwan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad