Player Discussion Matthew Tkachuk - "That Face You Just Want to Punch"

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
Last edited:

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Is the expectation that he is going to sign a qualifying offer this summer or is there a possibility of a long term contract ?

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Is the expectation that he is going to sign a qualifying offer this summer or is there a possibility of a long term contract ?

Say what you want but he has done a masterful job of making the GM's think the offer isn't big enough before they even attempt to make it.

Reactions: GumbyCan2

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Brady set the bar. Matt needs 45 pts to get 8.5M/yr

Woof, for someone that was playing "he doesn't trust the owners commitment to win" Brady sure handcuffed the Sens
if he does not produce at a high level his contract is a team killer

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Woof, for someone that was playing "he doesn't trust the owners commitment to win" Brady sure handcuffed the Sens

I mean it only handcuffs them if they are going to spend to the cap which let's be real they probably aren't going to do, overpaying isn't the end of the world. This is one of the big risks of scorched earth rebuilds the few guys that give the fans a reason to go to games have all the leverage in a contract negotiation.

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
Get your money, owners like Dolan, Edwards and Melnyk have leverage on basically everyone, not everyone has to give into that. But Matt needs a big season to warrant franchise 10+ money

Even if he has a big season, I'm not sure if he is worth 10+, anything over 8.5 is an overpay imo

Reactions: GumbyCan2

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I mean it only handcuffs them if they are going to spend to the cap which let's be real they probably aren't going to do, overpaying isn't the end of the world. This is one of the big risks of scorched earth rebuilds the few guys that give the fans a reason to go to games have all the leverage in a contract negotiation.

If they have a non cap budget it makes it worse.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Even if he has a big season, I'm not sure if he is worth 10+, anything over 8.5 is an overpay imo
Not with today’s prices. If he considers himself the best player on the team, which he no doubt does and could prove this year, he’ll command 9.5 minimum.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Quietly he probably wants to join his bro in Ottawa and snake them into more than they gave Brady, just to outdo his bro' in the same setting. Secretly every quality NHL'er from the U.S. wants to play in Ottawa, right!

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Quietly he probably wants to join his bro in Ottawa and snake them into more than they gave Brady, just to outdo his bro' in the same setting. Secretly every quality NHL'er from the U.S. wants to play in Ottawa, right!

doubt he wants to go to ottawa but i do get the vibe he wants to go to st louis.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
doubt he wants to go to ottawa but i do get the vibe he wants to go to st louis.
Right, St.Louis, I meant. I was actually surprised Brady signed more than 2 years with Ottawa??
Maybe Tre can pull off a TkaTruck-Zads-Gudboy trade to St.Louis for Parayko and Robert Thomas and rookie Albertan Jake Neighbors!?

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Not with today’s prices. If he considers himself the best player on the team, which he no doubt does and could prove this year, he’ll command 9.5 minimum.
Shitty thing for him is he’s nowhere close to the best player on the team. Gaudreau, Lindholm, hell even Mangaipane at this point

Reactions: TheHudlinator

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
He could have been the best besides Gaudreau, still can. His identity has been stifled a bit.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Tkachuks are the pro at contract negotiations. Treliving can bully the inexperienced but not them.

The Tkachuks are going to get paid and decide where they want to be.

I am still on the fence on Matthew but I would trade him if I can get something good for him. I would do Tkachuk for Marner or Eichel without thinking twice even with all the problems Marner and Eichel have,
Matthew Tkachuk to Ottawa for Josh Norris and Drake Batherson and a 3rd round pick, or so.
Immediate team improvement possible? And future potential too.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
A ploy to get big $$$ now and forge a likely trade to St. LOUIS, when their cap and handle his contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad