Prospect Info: Matthew Tkachuk or PL Dubois (Round 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nov 1, 2011
yeah, if Mtl is coming to Edm I suspect the 9th on the table is just the begining. Unlike Benning, most managers are smart enough to want the moon for a team to trade up.

For Mtl to get the 4th they are going to pay heavy. At Edm could really use Subban.

Honestly, if Subban was made available, it wouldn't be MTL going to Edmonton, it would be the entire league going to talk to MTL.

The notion that one of the leagues best defenseman would be dangled out to try and get 4th overall is kind of rediculous.

banme*

Jun 7, 2014
bergevin calls benning saying "c'mon, this kid really wants to be a canadien, let's do him a solid"

benning agrees to trade the 5th overall pick plus our 3rd round pick to montreal for the 9th overall pick.

lol !

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Honestly, if Subban was made available, it wouldn't be MTL going to Edmonton, it would be the entire league going to talk to MTL.

The notion that one of the leagues best defenseman would be dangled out to try and get 4th overall is kind of rediculous.

This. Edmonton would be insane not to be going after Subban hard.

Nurse + 4th overall + IMO.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
no because it would be cause for concern and he has nothing to gain by mentioning it but 100 more questions.

i personally would not trade him cuz i dont see getting value back but him not mentioning it has nothing to do with it.

he has shades of hodgson if he doesnt make the nhl and prove hes the player his family is acting like

Yeah agreed totally on this one. This guy looks like he bleeds Habs and I dont wanna guy here who is dreaming to be somewhere else. No thanks. Its really really too bad tho cause he is suppose to go 5 :(

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Bergevin calls Benning saying "c'mon, this kid really wants to be a Canadien, let's do him a solid"

Benning agrees to trade the 5th overall pick plus our 3rd round pick to Montreal for the 9th overall pick.

I think Jordan Subban would also be involved :laugh:

:cry:

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
no because it would be cause for concern and he has nothing to gain by mentioning it but 100 more questions.

i personally would not trade him cuz i dont see getting value back but him not mentioning it has nothing to do with it.

he has shades of hodgson if he doesnt make the nhl and prove hes the player his family is acting like

Virtanen said it. Lots of players say it before the draft. Who cares? How many Ontarians do you see actually sign with the Leafs as UFA every year? How many French-Canadians sign with the Habs? By the time they are 25 or 26 and reach UFA there's a dozen things more important than hometown team impacting their decision.

And besides, who are you gonna draft if you avoid Dubois?

Tkachuk? He grew up in St Louis.

Brown? Carolina.

Are you really going to restrict yourself to Tyson Jost and Europeans to avoid drafting a player with a childhood favorite NHL team other than Vancouver?

Talk about a strategy for failure ...

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Yeah agreed totally on this one. This guy looks like he bleeds Habs and I dont wanna guy here who is dreaming to be somewhere else. No thanks. Its really really too bad tho cause he is suppose to go 5 :(

Again are you serious? Have you even read the quote? How do you get "bleeds Habs" from that?

Honestly after your whole "Demko will never sign with us" crap you think you'd learn not to panic at every little thing. There's more at work to these players than 30 words they say when interviewed by a French TV station.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Again are you serious? Have you even read the quote? How do you get "bleeds Habs" from that?

Honestly after your whole "Demko will never sign with us" crap you think you'd learn not to panic at every little thing. There's more at work to these players than 30 words they say when interviewed by a French TV station.

You get him on 1040 and I bet he says the same stuff about Van.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
You get him on 1040 and I bet he says the same stuff about Van.

Of course. These kids just want to play in the NHL, they don't much care who drafts them.

Also funny that some here get their knickers in a knot because he "bleeds Habs" but then when I ask why he never said HE grew up a Habs fan it's because he's too smart to put other teams off like that.

So apparently he's a diehard Habs fan even though he never says he is because reasons.

Classic HFCanucks ...

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
http://www.tvasports.ca/2016/06/17/le-scenario-reve-de-dubois

Can someone translate what Dubois says? The text says that Dubois' dream scenario would be for the Habs to trade up to pick him.

None of it is Dubois' words though. It is the writer who makes this inference. There are no " marks in the French article and when you run it through Google it translates to all third person.

In the English article Dubois says the Habs were the favorite team of his friends and family but the writer then writes that being drafted by the Habs would be the dream scenario for Dubois and his family. Seems like the writer is taking some liberties with the interview to say things that Dubois doesn't actually say.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
That's what he said. He said it would be a dream for the Habs to trade up and get him because his whole family are Habs fans as well. I've never seen a prospect speak so openly about something like that.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
That's what he said. He said it would be a dream for the Habs to trade up and get him because his whole family are Habs fans as well. I've never seen a prospect speak so openly about something like that.

Can you paste the quote please.

Bobby Digital

Jun 15, 2006

A Habs fan wanting to be drafted by the Habs? Omg.

Fat Tony

Fire Benning
Nov 28, 2011
None of it is Dubois' words though. It is the writer who makes this inference. There are no " marks in the French article and when you run it through Google it translates to all third person.

I don't care about the article. I'm asking about the video.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I don't care about the article. I'm asking about the video.

The article is based on the interview though, no?

The quote in English is about his friends and family being Habs fans, they are a great organization with great fans. I suppose he *could* say that he dreams of the Habs trading up for him in the interview, it's just odd not to include that in the article then since that'd be the best quote of all to include.

Edit: That said, I'd be interested to hear a translation of the interview too. Too much speculation without actually knowing what he said or didn't say.

Last edited:

Fat Tony

Fire Benning
Nov 28, 2011
The article is based on the interview though, no?

The quote in English is about his friends and family being Habs fans, they are a great organization with great fans. I suppose he *could* say that he dreams of the Habs trading up for him in the interview, it's just odd not to include that in the article then since that'd be the best quote of all to include.

You're making inferences here. I just hope to have what he said in the video translated.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
You're making inferences here. I just hope to have what he said in the video translated.

I'm making the fewest inferences of anyone here actually. But I do agree I'd like to hear the full interview in English too.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary

Dubios has shades of Hodgson? How so?

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary

No he's not, given the quote he's saying how it is, other posters are twisting things. Let's just say he did say that, does it really matter?... Lucic has talked about playing for the Canucks when he was with the Bruins, Weber as well, doesn't matter, every player grew up with a home team that they likely thought about playing for but will they is a different beast. Yaks grew up as a Canuck fan, that didn't stop the Oilers from drafting him. Not every young player was a Canucks fan growing up, and not drafting a player out of an insecurity is a bad move, especially since Dubios is a player we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille