Rumor: Matthew Tkachuk done with the Flames?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Teams make these trades cross conference. Theres no desire to have a constant reminder of the situation

You have to think an Eichel-Tkachuk trade is inevitable. That's a base anyway. Personally I think Eichel is worth more but that uncertainty around the neck surgery evens it out

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Heard some rumblings in early Feb from someone high up in the flames org that hed be shocked if Tkachuk, Monahan and JG were on the Flames roster within 3 years. Tons of issues between them and the locker room

Surprised this took so long to come out publicly

I've heard similar things, and honestly the Flames would be wise to move all 3.

Tkachuk is a whiny me first spoiled rich kid. He'd rather goon it up over winning.

Guadreau is as soft as they come, and will never be the type of player you win with.

Monahan I don't really have an issue with. Although if he's supposed to be your 1C then the team is in trouble

Ledge And Dairy

He also makes $7.5 million a year. That's a huge cap hit. Players like him have been moved exponentially more often than picks that high, and that is no knock on him, he's awesome.
His cap hit is 7M, not 7.5M. I get pivks that high are almost never traded but Calgary isnt rebuilding so it doesnt exactly help them. Personally I dont put much stock in this rumor to begin with

Reactions: Nanuuk

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
I don’t know who Reinhardt and KT are but Reinhart for Matthew Tkachuk is the start of a good deal.

I def made things complicated botching their names lol.

But yes, I would be down for a Sam/Tkachuk swap. Can Calgary do better???

I also don't think anyone in the western conf is a real player here. No way flames would move him to any kind of rival.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Whoever gets him will be disappointed. He’s taken a step back, sucked last year. Slow boots and isn’t even effective in his pest role anymore, as he would rather fight than just piss off the opposition and draw penalties. Would not be surprised if this was a controlled leak by Treliving to O’Brien to get the word out and get people talking about how much a Tkachuk for Eichel swap makes sense. Don’t fall for it Sabres. Tkachuk is not the player you are looking for and the return will never make up for the loss of Eichel.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
It might be the one time people outside of So Cal watch a Ducks vs. Kings game... or rather a Tkachuk vs. Doughty game.
I wonder if he is actually the better fit over Eichel TBH...Zegras with a winger like him could be something special

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
As a Ranger fan I'd be willing to give up more for Tkachuk than Eichel. Just about anyone other than Fox (for obvious reasons) and Panarin is on the table.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I've heard similar things, and honestly the Flames would be wise to move all 3.

Tkachuk is a whiny me first spoiled rich kid. He'd rather goon it up over winning.

Since you insisted, I heard Matthews, Marner and Nylander don’t like each other neither…

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Teams make these trades cross conference. Theres no desire to have a constant reminder of the situation

You have to think an Eichel-Tkachuk trade is inevitable. That's a base anyway. Personally I think Eichel is worth more but that uncertainty around the neck surgery evens it out

I've got a friend saying there's smoke there.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Does this source have any credibility whatsoever?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad