Player Discussion Matt Grzelcyk

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
the sharks don't disagree at all. and i don't think the blues are looking to hide that fact.
they play "on the edge". their coach was a lifelong goon and the assistant coach was one
of the biggest ****heels to play in the league. probably not a coincidence.
Bruins will beat them on one leg if need be.

St. Louis is a bunch of lazy shit disturbing maggots.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I mean, not really. They lose a bottom 6 player.

I was prepared for a fine. The SCF threshold is high. Like I said, the injury forced their hand otherwise I don’t think they’d have the guts. Yeah...the fact that he’s a plug also makes it easier to give him a game.

Anyway...I’ll compliment them considering I wasn’t expecting them to do the right thing and suspend.

I thought it was Bortuzzo?

NBC said Pieterangelo at the time. Maybe they were wrong or misheard them. I was watching DeBrusk.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
I was prepared for a fine. The SCF threshold is high. Like I said, the injury forced their hand otherwise I don’t think they’d have the guts. Yeah...the fact that he’s a plug also makes it easier to give him a game.

Anyway...I’ll compliment them considering I wasn’t expecting them to do the right thing and suspend.

NBC said Pieterangelo at the time. Maybe they were wrong or misheard them. I was watching DeBrusk.
From what I have read players don't get paid during the Playoffs so the DOPS can't fine them. It's either a suspension or nothing.

Reactions: GloveSave1

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Local media seems to have adopted a don’t mess with Gryz attitude. Gotta love the support for a local kid.

Hope the Bruins use it as motivation

I hope he see a repeat of game 3 and 4 of the SCF when Horton was knocked out.

Either way, Marchand and pastrnak better start just driving the net and keeping it simple. They’ll win tonight if that’s how they play

Reactions: Alicat

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The suspension is a joke. Wouldn't matter if he got 1 game or 2o because he's a scrub player and him not dressing is irrelevant when compared to the B's losing Grizz. This has been STL's MO all playoffs long and it's shameful the league is doing nothing about it. Maybe the B's should run Tarasenko all next game and knock him out for the series too...

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The suspension is a joke. Wouldn't matter if he got 1 game or 2o because he's a scrub player and him not dressing is irrelevant when compared to the B's losing Grizz. This has been STL's MO all playoffs long and it's shameful the league is doing nothing about it. Maybe the B's should run Tarasenko all next game and knock him out for the series too...

Agreed. If they go up or down 2 at any point I want Acciari running Pietrangelo through the boards

Reactions: BMC and LSCII

BruinFanSam

Mar 24, 2010
Boston
I had no idea that Ott was an assistant for them...guy is a POS. Remember this game? (suppose it wasn't that long ago haha).

Reactions: BMC

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I had no idea that Ott was an assistant for them...guy is a POS. Remember this game? (suppose it wasn't that long ago haha).

There he his! There’s brave Steve!

Matty Niskanen is not gonna be a pretty little boy anymore!

Shawn Thornton is who you want your son to grow up and be!

Jack was on one back then. Crazy to think he’s actually dialed it back over the years lol

Reactions: BMC and Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

That game was a massive shit show as was the one where Ott used his wrist guard to break Soupy’s nose. All such bush league crap.

Brave Steve can shove a rusty pole up his ass

Reactions: BMC and HockeyMomx2

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

The irony is this is how Vancouver (and many in the league) viewed us in 2011 and beyond.

But, and call it a bias, I don’t recall as many charges and high hits from bruins players, just solid body contact. Sure, Marchand did his things and did the low bridge on salo a few months later, but did we injure a ton of players on our way to the cup? The boychuck on was it raymond? Seemed like a freak accident

Bergeron got suckered by giroux when the series was basically already over.

Horton was totally suckered by Rome

Anything else?

Reactions: LSCII

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
The irony is this is how Vancouver (and many in the league) viewed us in 2011 and beyond.

But, and call it a bias, I don’t recall as many charges and high hits from bruins players, just solid body contact. Sure, Marchand did his things and did the low bridge on salo a few months later, but did we injure a ton of players on our way to the cup? The boychuck on was it raymond? Seemed like a freak accident

Bergeron got suckered by giroux when the series was basically already over.

Horton was totally suckered by Rome

Anything else?
Gomez pushing Kelly into the post which broke his orbital bone and gave birth to “the Cage”

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
League won't let players fight so if they are going to let the Bruins small D be targeted the only way to respond is go after their best players. Tarasenko should be getting slashed, elbowed, low hit, butt ended, anything but a head hit which is the leagues focus. Catch him coming down the wing and go low, it looks like he was banged up a little bit already, add to it. They don't have a small d to target so go after their best.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
League won't let players fight so if they are going to let the Bruins small D be targeted the only way to respond is go after their best players. Tarasenko should be getting slashed, elbowed, low hit, butt ended, anything but a head hit which is the leagues focus. Catch him coming down the wing and go low, it looks like he was banged up a little bit already, add to it. They don't have a small d to target so go after their best.
Didn’t realize the league banned fighting. Where have I been?

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

After the Krug hit game 1, not shocked St Louis would take some liberties. That's how it goes. 3 more wins

Reactions: BMC

BruinFanSam

Mar 24, 2010
Boston
There he his! There’s brave Steve!

Matty Niskanen is not gonna be a pretty little boy anymore!

Shawn Thornton is who you want your son to grow up and be!

Jack was on one back then. Crazy to think he’s actually dialed it back over the years lol

Forgot how many ass-beaters we had on that team - Looch, Hnidy, Thorton, McQuaid etc... There is a subsequent video from the next time we played them and there were three heavyweight fights off the face-off.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
he's a scrub player and him not dressing is irrelevant when compared to the B's losing Grizz.

Sundqvist's been good these playoffs. 4 goals, 5 assists, and best plus/minus (+8) on the Blues along with Bouwmeester. That's better production than DeBrusk and equal Marcus Johansson. Are DeBrusk and Johansson also scrubs?

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

I'm totally down with this idea :nod:

St. Louis needs to understand that two can play that game.

Reactions: Fenian24

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Clear cut game plan. Run the goalie and try to knock him out...2 minutes. Board defensemen... 2 mins...Refs should start handing out 5 minute charging majors and see what happens. Or a 2 plus 10 misconduct. Losing Sundqvist for a game is a fantastic price to pay for them for a possible series now without Gryz. Get up 5-1 one game and start taking runs.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Sundqvist's been good these playoffs. 4 goals, 5 assists, and best plus/minus (+8) on the Blues along with Bouwmeester. That's better production than DeBrusk and equal Marcus Johansson. Are DeBrusk and Johansson also scrubs?

he's an absolute scrub to lose for one game. You're not losing because he isn't in there. I like your game plan though, because Blues know they are outclassed in every facet and not as talented. I mean what would you expect from a team led by Berube?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad