Value of: Matt Dumba for C/RW

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Not a mtl fan but Galchenyuk? Plays both wings if I recall and fans beleive he can play c. I don't think mtl needs rhd though.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Not a mtl fan but Galchenyuk? Plays both wings if I recall and fans beleive he can play c. I don't think mtl needs rhd though.
That's more along the lines of what would work, and a year ago I would've given it some serious thought. Today I think I'd pass, and I'm not sure it makes sense for Montreal either.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
With 2 more goals tonight, Dumba(9 goals) has moved into a tie with Ghostisbierre and Subban for the most goals by a Dman this year. Most of his goals are shots from the point.

Seems like he and Brodin are finally starting to mesh together as a pair. It's been a long time coming.

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
Ryan Strome + Tyler Benson + 1st 2019 + 3rd 2018

For

Dumba

Wild get a RW, picks, and a lw prospect

Edm gets a RHD they desperately need

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Again, the Wild don't need to trade for mediocrity/busts. They are easy to find.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
With 2 more goals tonight, Dumba(9 goals) has moved into a tie with Ghostisbierre and Subban for the most goals by a Dman this year. Most of his goals are shots from the point.

Seems like he and Brodin are finally starting to mesh together as a pair. It's been a long time coming.
Werenski has 11.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Are you looking for a young winger in return?
Maybe. If a more mature forward is offered, he is likely to have a higher cap hit( if he is any good), so some sort of cap dump would have to be involved from the Wild. Someone like a Paciorretty, as good as he was in previous years, is way too old. He might have a couple of good years left, whereas Dumba probably has closer to ten. Forwards generally age quicker than Dmen.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I'd also add that, personally, I'd have a hard time considering any wingers that didn't meet the following criteria:

- is 24 or under
- has more points than Dumba this year (24)

Those aren't set in stone, but if we were to trade Dumba it'd have to be for youth and scoring power. At 23, he's on pace for 17 goals and 45 points and his past performance indicates that that's in line with his development curve. It's not a fluke and it's probably not his peak. His defense is also improving and is comfortably middle-pairing quality. There's absolutely top-pairing upside there. Zero character or health issues. There is no reason to trade that away without a compelling player coming back.

Centers I'd be a little more open-minded about, but not much.

Reactions: Tuntrui

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad