Dreger: Matt Duchene Mega-thread:Habs, NSH, NYI, OTT inquired - Part IV

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I don't want Habs to acquire him cause then HFBOARDS will crash again and im not in the mood for that

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
:banghead: It's not about the difference in value between Chabot & Subban.

It's about a fanbase assuming other significant offers on the table when in reality those offers are simply pure fabrications made up by the fanbase. Maybe another team is willing to part with an asset like that, maybe not.

But simply assuming they are, and then using those assumptions in trade negotiations ("why would we settle for Pulock when we can get someone far better?") to give themselves additional leverage.

Meanwhile an increasingly high amount of insiders are saying the opposite, Snow has put the best offer on the table for Duchene and it's up to Sakic to meet it or not.

I am not assuming these guys are on the table. I think if they were Duchene would have been traded already. Just saying that's what I'd target, and if it isn't there, I'd rather keep Duchene than have Hamonic and b parts.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
The tweet itself specifically says there are two variations of the trade.

Doesn't that pretty much indicate that it's snow's interpretation of "meeting demands"

Doesn't sound like it's sakic identifying the 3 specific pieces he wants and snow agreeing. Otherwise, how could there be 2 variations.

Sounds like more media spin.

That's how I read it too. If there are variations on the offer then it simply cannot be meeting Sakic's exact demands of players. It's logically impossible. Rather, it is meeting the format we heard from McKenzie a little while back - 1st round pick, "A" prospect, roster player. But there are very different interpretations of that. Hypothetically say Sakic says that is what he wants, then states he wants Hamonic as the roster player, Barzal as the prospect, and a 1st. Now Snow looks at that, offers Pulock as the A prospect, Nelson as the roster player, and a 1st. Then he leaks that he's 'met the asking price' of the Avs and has been rebuffed. Makes him look like the good guy, he's somewhat 'met the asking price', but no, he's not met Sakic's specific ask.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
If only I had a nickel for every time I heard the "your argument is not valid because my players are so much better than yours" justification :laugh:

Just a classy, well though-out, researched opinion free of any hint of bias, right?

Well he is right about Larsson >>> Hamonic.

And that is coming from a fan that is staring the possibility of getting to watch him in an Avs jersey this week in the face and has absolutely no stake in that game aside from that...

I just hope that this falls apart quickly now...

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
my dog is staring at me and waiting for a walk... but I cant leave yet cause it seems like something is very close to happening.. hmmmmm

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
If only I had a nickel for every time I heard the "your argument is not valid because my players are so much better than yours" justification :laugh:

If I had a nickel for every time you told us we should trade for pieces we don't need because "there's no better offer out there"

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
so is that Commodore tweet suggesting the offer is... NB, Scherbek, 1st for Duchene?

no way I do that if im Sakic.. NEVER

KeziaTML

Apr 29, 2010
Calgary, AB
Commodore is a former NHLer, current bitter man child posting random stuff. There's not even a grain of salt of truth to what is is posting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad