Mats Zuccarello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagh

Dec 10, 2007
It is a travesty that he only has 4 pts to show for his strong game this series.

As long as his coach recognizes his play and he's rewarded with TOI and a contract, I'm sure he doesn't care too much about the points.

KingStian

Jan 8, 2011
I haven't went back this series and checked, but I think he had been on the ice for at least about 60% of our goals, if not more. He was awesome last night, and to me he might have deserved one of the three stars.

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
I haven't went back this series and checked, but I think he had been on the ice for at least about 60% of our goals, if not more. He was awesome last night, and to me he might have deserved one of the three stars.

Was great last night. Think he has been much better at home than away, but that goes for the whole team. Been in the ice for 6 out of 11 goals forward. More importantly, he's been assisting on three decisive goals, the last one a game winner, game four the 3-2 pp goal and Stepan's gamewinner in game three. They all need to step it up tonight though.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
That's beyond great news. The guy just brings a different level of offensive awareness to this team. He brings exactly what I thought he would when he was rumored to be coming over. So much poise with the puck and he is feisty for a guy his size. His speed has improved and his defensive game has as well.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Horay that is fantastic news indeed! Now to hope that he can improve even further on his game beforethe next season.

Also the image from the article, very fitting: Was he attempting to pass the puck with his head?

1368447840477_583.jpg

Wolfy*

Not so fast. This is old news, question is where he actually ends up. Zucc is an RFA, and his market value has increased. I'm not so sure he'll sign with the Rangers for a mill if he's offered 2 mill elsewhere. But the Rangers will probably meet his true value, he deserves that.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Would like to see him work on his ability to get shots through traffic though. He's fired way too many shots right into the shinguards of defenders. However, he's improved tremendously in most areas of the game. Would be just fine with re-signing him.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Not so fast. This is old news, question is where he actually ends up. Zucc is an RFA, and his market value has increased. I'm not so sure he'll sign with the Rangers for a mill if he's offered 2 mill elsewhere. But the Rangers will probably meet his true value, he deserves that.

Where would that be? Back in the KHL? He wants to stay in the NHL, he wants to stay with the Rangers and there's no way in hell a team offer sheets him.

KenGuru

Sep 14, 2010
Oslo, Norway

no other club will give him that yet
he might have a name in the Rangers but outside and in the NHL not big enough

remember he is not even top 6 most important player for the Rangers, yet

Green Blob*

Hes not going to get an offer sheet. And he will be signed well before that is possible.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Imagine If zuke gets good summertraing Basic, then a good camp where he develops Great chemestry with 3-5 players..

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011

Offer sheet? Doubt it. Very seldom happens in NHL.

IMO I see only to options:

1. Rangers gives him a QO, two way contract. No chance in hell that Zucc will accept this, and he will return to KHL, and will be a UFA after that season (turns 27 in 2014).

2. Rangers resigns him on a one way deal, whick he will accept. Don´t think money will be an issue. I think a long term contract is more important than his annual salary. I could see him getting signed for 2-3 years, $1-1,5M+ bonuses.

PS!
As far as I know, Zucc is still under contract with Magnitogorsk. He is now on loan with the Rangers. If Zucc don´t sign with a NHL club for next year, he will finish his contract in KHL. If he signs with Rangers, his NHL clause kicks in, and his contract with Magnitogorsk is terminated. That is what I have understood anyway.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Horay that is fantastic news indeed! Now to hope that he can improve even further on his game beforethe next season.

I definitely think Zucc got alot of room to improve. From confidence to physical matters to learning the NHL game.

He has had a very bumpy road the last three seasons with alot of injuries and some very tough situations mentally, always playing with the knife against his throat kind of. Still doing well, then getting hurt and what not.

Nah, sign him ASAP and show confidence in him. I only think he will get better and better if he can stay healthy, and he is decent right now for sure.

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
Feel confident it's a one way deal. If they don't give him the same as Powe and Asham in $ (all due respect) it's just stupid. 4 Points in the last four play off games. 20 + minutes in the last one.
BTW - his half Brother played a pretty good game in the worlds yesterday. Sign him too, and they can spilt the rent. His mother is one of the genators at the national arena, Jordal Amfi. She's a lovely and quite funny lady. The national arena in Norway has not been refurbished since the olymics in 1952:
Jordal_Amfi_A-20027_Ua_0010_002.jpg

Still beautifull though. Looks like a beached whale these days. Only one shower working at 100 degrees, imitating an exhaling whale.
800px-Jordal_Amfi.jpg

Or slightly. A roof now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes