Mats Zuccarello

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
Posted this in the post game thread, but just so our Norweigan friends see Zucc on the back cover of the New York Daily News!

image.jpg

Thank you very much.
This few last pages of this thread give me goosebumps, I feel touched reading this.
I remember when he signed in russia, and almost everyone including me wanted him out of The Rangers.

Now I love this team. Hope Zucc can handle those big Bruins and that he stay healthy and keep this play up.

Lets Go Rangers.

KingStian

Jan 8, 2011
You just know that somewhere along in this series, Zucc is going to have an epic staredown with Chara, which afterwards they but will miss a game with neck issues.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Chara is no problem for Zucc. He can easily dodge him by skating away between his legs.

Sad London Ranger

RIP Boogie
Mar 4, 2002
london england
Visit site
I will be controversial and state that Rangers turn around actually started with the arrival of Zuc rathan than Brassard. I am not putting Brassard achievements down, on the contrary but Zuc has been playing soooo well. In the corners, back checking, constant pain in the neck hockey player. Really I am pleased for the lil'one.

Last year I thougth he looked outclassed but he is a changed man after the stint in Russia. Is he signed?

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
I will be controversial and state that Rangers turn around actually started with the arrival of Zuc rathan than Brassard. I am not putting Brassard achievements down, on the contrary but Zuc has been playing soooo well. In the corners, back checking, constant pain in the neck hockey player. Really I am pleased for the lil'one.

Last year I thougth he looked outclassed but he is a changed man after the stint in Russia. Is he signed?

He's an RFA, so we've got his rights. No reason to think the NYR won't sign him with the way he's played. He stands out every game.

KingStian

Jan 8, 2011

Not signed beyond this season, but indications seems to be that the Rangers want to make it happened. We know Zucc want to stay put in New York, so at this point it seems likely. He is a RFA, so other teams could make him an offer of a bigger deal, but otherwise he should be a realativly cheap player to sign to. 1-1.5 mill. a year I would guess.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Zucc has been a treat to watch this year...he's got great chemistry with Brassard, and the PP runs much better when the two of them are on the ice together. But, more than anything, I love his fearlessness. He plays with such an edge.

KingStian

Jan 8, 2011
I would never have guessed that he was going to be our second best point producer against Caps in the playoffs, but he has looked so good teamed up with Brassard. 9 (2+7) for Brassard and 5 (1+4) for Zucc.

Zucc has as many points as Nash (2) and Cally (3) put together. They only beat him if you put in Richards (1) also.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
So about a month and a half ago I was talking to my best friend's brother. He was killing Sather. How could we trade Rupp? Why did we bring back Zucc? Good thing he's not the GM, huh?

BTW, with Zucc and Brassard this is the best passing and creativity we've had since Jagr's line.

KingStian

Jan 8, 2011
So about a month and a half ago I was talking to my best friend's brother. He was killing Sather. How could we trade Rupp? Why did we bring back Zucc? Good thing he's not the GM, huh?

BTW, with Zucc and Brassard this is the best passing and creativity we've had since Jagr's line.

His passing has always been great, but I think his ability to keep the puck on his blade while looking for the pass in the offensive zone has been greatly improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad