Mats Zuccarello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfy*

In my opinion he did very well in his comeback game, it's just a matter of time before he starts adding points. He played with Nash and Stepan on the top line, question is if he will continue there in the next game.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
As I said in the Zucc thread, it's a shame he came back for this joke of a short season.

Really hope he's here next year, too, when the team might not suck.

*Bob Richards*

He looked fluid, he looked in shape and most importantly, he looked smart.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Very impressed with his play today, hope they resign him. He did say this is the only team he'd play for so.... :handclap:

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
deffinate boost to the team............how many points did he put up in his game against Montreal?

:sarcasm:

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
In my opinion he did very well in his comeback game, it's just a matter of time before he starts adding points. He played with Nash and Stephan on the top line, question is if he will continue there in the next game.

In order for him to start adding points, the Rangers need to score- something that doesn't seem like it will happen this season.

That said, he definitely looked good tonight.

Punxrocknyc19*

deffinate boost to the team............how many points did he put up in his game against Montreal?

:sarcasm:

good little player.. he looked like he improved his two way play.. i wish NYR wasnt a small team up front or didnt play that way... Rangers need more nastiness up front.. they are too plain and mellow. hope he stays here next year...

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
He looked good. He's improved from what I saw. His passing was always good but he made a couple of passes that really wowed me. I wish to God we had finishers on this team because he would have had himself a couple of points to go along with his debut.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Thought it was the best I've seen him play. I've been anti-Zuccarello for a while now, but credit where credit is due - he was one of the best players on the team tonight. Hope he keeps it up.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
He looked like he always looks early. Good starts have never been an issue for him. It's whether or not he can continue to look good long term that's the real question

Kershaw

Well I give up on this team making the playoffs. I am looking forward to seeing young guns like Zuke Hagelin and Stepan progress.

Ryan McDonut

Jan 18, 2009
New York
He looked like he always looks early. Good starts have never been an issue for him. It's whether or not he can continue to look good long term that's the real question

looks like he always looks early? hes played 53 nhl games :laugh: unless of course you're talking about his play in other leagues.

i thought he played great tonight. made a lot of good passes. something this team struggles with.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
looks like he always looks early? hes played 53 nhl games :laugh:

I guess I'm mostly talking about his first stint with the team. Started out great, turned progressively more invisible throughout the year. And the reason it did was because his skating wasn't good enough for his size.

Last year, in March, he started off great but then got hurt, so we don't know what would've happened.

We have no way of knowing if anything's changed (although I'm rooting for it to have).

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
So I missed the game. Apparently he had a good game, so did Gabby.
Was Price that good or the shots were hitting him in the chest?

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Well, the Rangers peppered him with shots. A few of the shots were good, and Price did a good job of saving them. Two beat him (both by Miller), but they ended up in the post and crossbar respectively.

I'd say that while he was lucky on a couple of occasions, Price had a very solid game.

anofsti

May 14, 2011
Price was that good.

Boy, if they only kept track of passes leading to shots on goals... That would have been A Good Thing for Mats.

It was also nice seeing him flatten Emelin(?) in the corner in the third, and I predict that if they meet in the playoffs, Callagher and Zuccarello might end with a gentlemens exchange of fisticuffs

RangerFan10

Other than maybe JT Miller, he was our best forward tonight.

My first impression is that he's gotten even more physical for a player of his size. He's like a lap dog that actually has bite. He was flying around. I thought putting him with Stepan and Nash was a good idea toward the end that probably should've been entertained sooner.

I wouldn't mind seeing him opposite of Callahan next game. You can see Cally is frustrated, and I think someone like Zucc, coming in with energy and freshness like that, could really revitalize Cally's game.

MTrangers

Oct 26, 2012
Missoula, MT
He looked great tonight. I worry that it isn't coincidence how good players are when they first get called up or have their first game for the Rangers like Zucc. I worry that Torts just bogs players down over time.

Last edited:

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
So I missed the game. Apparently he had a good game, so did Gabby.

Zucc was good.

The team is still a complete cluster **** though, Zucc can't make up for Torts complete negligence the last three years on his own. A really really heady offensiveminded D (to jumpstart the attack) and a great 2-way forward who covers a ton of ice would hide some of Torts horrible shortcomings (to make up for the fact that our transition game is completely and utterly non-existing), but Zucc can basically more or less only help with giving us a more quality offensive chances in the attacking zone.

Its like Nash too. A great player, but not one that can make up for Torts horrible shortcomings. Torts would need a couple of Erik Karlssons and Datsyuks/Zetterberg's for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad