Mats Zuccarello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
maybe a familiar face will bring back some of the magic we had.

I don't know.

I'll take anything.

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
He looked good. On the other hand, John Scott would on this team :cry:

I do however believe that Zuccarello is the best playmaker on the team and hopefully he'll be given all PP time possible.

Last edited:

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
Some players looked genuinely shocked getting passes on their blade or in a good position.

Other than that.

Zuccerello looked good, and Rangers were a little bit unlucky in the first, played good and were under 0-2.

But in the end, they could have scored 3 and still deserved to have lost 3-6.

I think there was a lot of panic back there at times, someone needs to get them to calm down.

Hopefully Zuccarello gets to play on a line or max two over time. Looked like everybody were thrown in at most of the lines last night. But, that is also common. Sadly.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
MZA did look good last night--was one of our better players. Miller was another.

Generally the team played fairly well if you don't count the fact that they didn't score any goals. They had a lot of time in the offensive end, forechecked pretty good--got numerous great chances. Unfortunately this seems part of the script we've all been following since the season began. Forcing the issue--getting frustrated--breaking down here and there occasionally on defense etc. etc. Montreal scoring 47 seconds in on a freaky goal set the stage. This team doesn't know whether to **** or wind its watch.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
MZA did look good last night--was one of our better players. Miller was another.

Generally the team played fairly well if you don't count the fact that they didn't score any goals. They had a lot of time in the offensive end, forechecked pretty good--got numerous great chances. Unfortunately this seems part of the script we've all been following since the season began. Forcing the issue--getting frustrated--breaking down here and there occasionally on defense etc. etc. Montreal scoring 47 seconds in on a freaky goal set the stage. This team doesn't know whether to **** or wind its watch.

Yup, agree with this. I think you can directly correlate the teams lack of success this season to the number of times they've scored the first goal, and to their road record.

They actually looked pretty good, but could not finish the good opportunities they created, and breakdowns cost them goals against.

Zuc looked good, I hope they re-sign him assuming he keeps playing like that. Creative with the puck, played hard, even won some battles along the boards and threw some big hits. Looks like Tortorella liked him too since he gave him 18+ minutes

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
One of the few guys, or the only one, that actually managed to play last night. Nice to have him back.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
He looked quicker and more confident. His coverage seemed a bit better in his own end as well. Like him on the point on the PP. Has a great shot.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Haven´t played a game in over 3 weeks, only practiced twice with the team, and comes in and is by far the best player on the ice for Rangers.

Amongst the forwards he had....

- The most minutes
- The most hits
- The most blocked shots

And not on the ice on any of Habs´ goals.....

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
His shot fromt he point on the PP was textbook. About 6 inches off the ice, low and hard, generated a great rebound chance and the Rangers forwards should have buried it.

I liked the way he looked yesterday, let's give him steady linemates to generate some chemistry with (lol), and I hope he keeps up his play.

Wolfy*

Yes he's our new enforcer :laugh:

His physical play surprised me, looks like he's added some muscle. I liked him on a line with Nash and Stepan, they worked well together. Hopefully this will continue, it means different lines but the usual ones obviously don't work.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
I missed the game as well, seem like it was ugly... but good to hear JT and MZA had a good showing..Its amazin how much we sucked and we're still in the 8th seed..we have to win tomorrow and then split with pit to keep pace.. ***** getting ugly quick!!

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I missed the game as well, seem like it was ugly... but good to hear JT and MZA had a good showing..Its amazin how much we sucked and we're still in the 8th seed..we have to win tomorrow and then split with pit to keep pace.. ***** getting ugly quick!!

I wouldn't bet on us getting any points against Pittsburgh. Just don't see it happening.

McSauer

Defense Wins Games
Feb 18, 2004
Jersey City, NJ
Lines for next year (just messing around but not really):

MZA-Step-Nash
Kreider-Miller-Cally
Hags-Lindberg-Fast (the Swedish House Mafia)
Powe-Boyle-Asham

Buy-out Richards (PLEASE), trade Gabby for a 1st and top-4 D, and get rid of Pyatt. Everyone knows I am not the biggest fan of Boyle, but if that 4th would play 4th line minutes, he would be fine playing that and the PK...

Oh, and a new coach por favor!

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
I thought he looked pretty good. Sadly, he also looked like our most physical player. This might be the softest Rangers team that I can remember in 40+ years. I can't believe how much things have changed from last season.

Wolfy*

Lines for next year (just messing around but not really):

MZA-Step-Nash
Kreider-Miller-Cally
Hags-Lindberg-Fast (the Swedish House Mafia)
Powe-Boyle-Asham

That's an interesting lineup, I also like the presence of some grit on the 4th, except Boyle ;)

nyr33

Aug 12, 2008
I know he likes having the extended reach but I wonder if he could stick handle and shoot faster with a shorter stick.

stickhandling is easier with a shorter stick, but shooting faster? no, its easier to shoot with a longer stick

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
I like how he kept calm and collected throughout the game..

If he keeps it up, he'll get a new contract with us for sure..

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
stickhandling is easier with a shorter stick, but shooting faster? no, its easier to shoot with a longer stick

Takes less time to wind up a shorter stick as well as snap a shorter stick. Also easier to line up the puck in to position to shoot.

Wolfy*

Takes less time to wind up a shorter stick as well as snap a shorter stick. Also easier to line up the puck in to position to shoot.

But it's easier to pick up pucks with a long stick, his arms are a little short you know ;)

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Didn't he have a long stick at first the first time here but cut it/shortened it?

Also How long until new York shops have zuccarello tee shirts? I think they've had it in the past..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad