Confirmed with Link: Matiss Kivlenieks has passed away at age 24

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
What an absolute tragedy. 24 years old, whole world in front of him. Just awful. My condolences to his family.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Ugh, what terrible tragic news.
Condolences to his family.

Really looking forward to seeing him play more this upcoming season.
Wasn't flashy, very positional. Got the job done.

His mask was awesome

,100%, his mask was undoubtedly one of my favourites.
78205132_10100150781220822_6034306150390824960_n.jpg

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Cowumbus wrote only results of autopsy. Besides we don`t know what`s actually happen.

Just terrible news , the kid had a great yr , great tournament , the feature on him and Elvis Thursday showcased the personal side of these players . Praying for his family , friends , teammates , and the organization .

Reactions: LJ7201

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Cowumbus wrote only results of autopsy. Besides we don`t know what`s actually happen.

That’s correct, we don’t. And in such instances where there is breaking news, we can discuss what’s been reported but speculation into legal matters until reported is against site rules. Rules that every poster agreed to when they registered for the site.

Last edited:

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
And the post about the autopsy is still there
I meant other his posts. I din`t notice he would blame someone. Even the question why they wrote about head injury is normal. And the answer is simple. The CBJ could only say what the police said. And its first version still without autopsy was - head injury.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
My condolences to his family and friends. It's always tragic to see such a young life lost, but particularly under these circumstances. I'm so sorry to hear this.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Just terrible news , the kid had a great yr , great tournament , the feature on him and Elvis Thursday showcased the personal side of these players . Praying for his family , friends , teammates , and the organization .
You`re right... :(

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
RIP Kivi! Such sad news for family, friends and the organization. I find it very difficult and I'm just a fan with no direct connection. It's pretty amazing how these players find our hearts and affect us. The impact to those close to him...wow. Such a sad day.

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
His come up was very inspirational. Undrafted and rose to become a likely NHL regular. Him managing to carve out an NHL role was remarkable given where he started. I'm glad he had his moment shutting out Canada.

I'm praying and hoping that his family stays strong. Elvis and Manny as well. I can't imagine what they're going through.

Fynn

Apr 23, 2017
I am as shocked as after the death of Brittanie Cecil and have a lot of questions for Michigan hospital’s ER staff. Tired young man after falling and hitting his head, why control head CT scan wasn’t done, neurosurgery hasn’t been consulted?

But unfortunately Matiss cannot be returned. RIP
As an employee at Providence Novi, all I can say is You don't know what happened. We do. Obviously, HIPAA prevents us from saying anything. But do not question the care he got as somehow attributing to his death.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I was out of town this weekend outside of Defiance Ohio for a fireworks party (yes not making it up). My friend lives in a rural area, his property surrounded by corn fields. He was setting fireworks off on ramps pointed out towards the field. The fireworks were amazing. Being from the Detroit Metropolitan area they reminded me of the many fireworks shows I went to on the riverfront in my youth in the 70s. I thought to myself how advanced these "legal" fireworks were to be used non professionally. Several fires were doused out (he was prepared) around his large back area but the fireworks went up in whatever direction they wanted and even in a semi-controlled enviroment shrapnel was landing at will. I thought how beautiful it was but how dangerous it could be. And this morning I get a text about this.

I know the Novi area. That area isn't so rural anymore as the area has grown in the past few decades. Even if it is in a rural part of the area why could this have ever happened.

RIP Matiss. Many blessings to your family and friends so they may be able to find any sense of peace or solice in this senseless and unnecesssary accident.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
He and Elvis did an off-road PR thing with Rossi/Honda for mid-Ohio last week. Looked like a blast.

I’m a big Indy Car guy/Rossi fan so this was two of my favorite worlds coming together.

Merzlikins, Kivlenieks get to enjoy the ride at Mid-Ohio

yea same , love an Indycar / NHL crossover

gotta feel for Alex too - must be so surreal for him - last thing he needs given how dreadful his season has been
RIP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad