Confirmed with Link: Matiss Kivlenieks has passed away at age 24

Smyth

May 15, 2010
Riga
Yes, devastating news :( can't believe this is real.. the rumours are that they were celebrating 4th of July @Columbus and some kind of firework accident happened..

Matisspaz

Jul 5, 2021
Yes, devastating news :( can't believe this is real.. the rumours are that they were celebrating 4th of July @Columbus and some kind of firework accident happened..
Yes, i heard that the team was celebrating and a piece of fireworks hit him in the heart, was dead on site. R.I.P name brother

GX

Dec 28, 2011
If it happened in Columbus, how is Latvia media beating local news to the punch?

Latvian media shared a statement from Latvian federation, which in turn must have been informed by Matiss relatives and/or CBJ. I would imagine CBJ/NHL is preparing their statement more thoroughly.

JohnWillow

May 27, 2015
If it happened in Columbus, how is Latvia media beating local news to the punch?
I heard about it one hour before the press released it here in Latvia from a friend who is on a hockey player whatsapp chat group.

Don't want to give out too much till official release comes out from the team, but it was an firework accident.

Rest in peace Kivi. :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad