Confirmed with Link: Matiss Kivlenieks has passed away at age 24

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
So tragic. My goodness I’m so sad.

never just assume tomorrow man. It’s never guaranteed. Feel so sorry for his family , friends, and teammates.

RIP

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
That sounds like the flukiest death of all time, it makes one appreciate the time we have

RIP Matiss, you deserved better

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Such a tragedy. If I understand Elvis’ Instagram this week they were in Michigan for Manny’s daughter’s wedding.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Heartbroken for Kivis family , those close to him and the organization . Life is so precious , and can be over in a split second .

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I am shocked & sickened. A fireworks malfunction, Kivi fell running away from a hottub and hit his head on the concrete patio. Rest in peace young man, Tragic.

Now I'm hearing he was actually hit by a fireworks rocket.. like a mortar.

Last edited:

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Oh gosh, my heart breaks for his mother first and foremost. No parent should have to experience this devastation. Also feeling for his teammates. Elvis seems like a sensitive dude who wears his heart on his sleeve. He must be crushed by this, his teammate, goalie partner and countryman. Prayers for all.

Reactions: LJ7201 and Greggo56

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Bruins fan here.

I am so sorry to hear of his passing. My heart goes out to his family, friends and the Blue Jackets organization and fans.

Reactions: Fro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad