Confirmed with Link: Matiss Kivlenieks has passed away at age 24

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Oh gosh, my heart breaks for his mother first and foremost. No parent should have to experience this devastation.
Derby, I just finished a podcast this week where there was an interview with a woman who buried her adult son (he was murdered). She said 'a parent losing a child is the most difficult thing a parent can do. It's so unthinkable there isn't even a word for it in the English language. There is a word for a child who has lost their parents and there is a word for a person who loses a spouse but no word for a parent who loses a child.' Unthinkable :(

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Derby, I just finished a podcast this week where there was an interview with a woman who buried her adult son (he was murdered). She said 'a parent losing a child is the most difficult thing a parent can do. It's so unthinkable there isn't even a word for it in the English language. There is a word for a child who has lost their parents and there is a word for a person who loses a spouse but no word for a parent who loses a child.' Unthinkable :(
Yeah, you watch them grow up, only to lose them. Just wrong and f***ed up. :(

JacketLife

Aug 2, 2020
Heartbreaking. This is such a shock I can only imagine what his family and teammates are feeling.

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
I am as shocked as after the death of Brittanie Cecil and have a lot of questions for Michigan hospital’s ER staff. Tired young man after falling and hitting his head, why control head CT scan wasn’t done, neurosurgery hasn’t been consulted?

But unfortunately Matiss cannot be returned. RIP

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
Rangers fan in here. In absolute shock. Poor kid, poor family. These fireworks accidents, every f*cking year. Jason Pierre-Paul, the Giants (at the time) player had his hand blown off. But this kid, this kid is dead. Ugh. This franchise is due for some massive good luck.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
My deepest condolences to his family and to all of the Blue Jackets community. When Tavares had his injury this year it made me realize how much I care about these players as actual men and not just as hockey players. Rest in peace.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
People on Twitter are doing a #SticksOutforKivi thing where people put a hockey stick out on their porch to honor kivi. If anyone was interested in doing that or any other board recognition for him, I’m on board. I was thinking of putting #80 in my profile tag (where it currently says formerly cbjwennberg).

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.
Rangers fan here.

My heart goes out to his family and the extended CBJ family.

I will remember him as another goalie in a long line of "the ghost of Georges Vezina." My brother (who we recently lost too young at age 40) and I would always make that joke when a team put up their young, unproven goalie against us. I was pretty sure we were going to lose that game. He played lights-out, and easily deserved the win.

Such a likable kid, and he seemed to be really coming into his own. He looked, at least to me, to be a very intriguing option for Seattle, and had "career backup in the NHL at WORST" written all over him.

Today, make sure to tell someone that you love them.

Reactions: LJ7201

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Unless there is suspicion from people in the know. Refrain from all conspiracy regarding potential teammates involvement at this time.
Cowumbus wrote only results of autopsy. Besides we don`t know what`s actually happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Cowumbus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad