Player Discussion: Mathew Barzal

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
If Barzal stays healthy its close to a lock he gets 60 plus assists. How many goals? Anyone's guess? What a draft pick and what a player.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Mike Bossy has 1 career short handed goal-during the regular season. Zero in the playoffs. He could help kill penalties, however.

Al Arbour used Bossy (with Trottier) on the PK at the tail end of their career - together.

I never saw Bossy as a big minutes well-conditioned player. He smoked a lot early in his career. But boy was he an effective goal scorer and incredibly smart in the offensive zone.

On Barzal, it's amazing how skilled he is and how fast he is with the pick on his stick. Side to side fast - only McDavid compares. Tavares skates better than Crosby did at his peak, which was also superb.

I don't see how he gets less than 80 points.

Hopefully the rest of his game rounds out (defensive play, turnovers and general high risk play that he can learn and Trotz can teach) - his offense is incredible

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Sounds like a challenge.

I'm revising down to 39 points. 2 goals (on the PP) and 37 assists - screw you RDC ;)

What's your sanity like heading into the season? Seeing Tavares in the Leafs jersey kinda gets me want to hurl. Couldn't imagine living in GTA though.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I think it's a ban may be in order.

It's like that scene at the racetrack in A Bronx Tale. Freaking jinx.

Mush lol

PerfectYearlyDoe-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: PWJunior

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad