Player Discussion: Mathew Barzal

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
flirting with 90...

I see him scoring 80+ this season. Matching 85 points is a tall order. Anything from 75-85 would be a great season. Anything better is just gravy. Barzal 90 not out of the question. Depends how good the Isles are this year really.
Why am I optimistic?

Leafslet

Oct 19, 2011
TO
you're kindof a stalker aren't you?

but i'd be lying if I said that wasn't part of it. but it's not like i can't love his game - his speed & skills, his personality, his drive, and yes, perhaps the other thing too.

- he did have an amazing rookie season, iunno why you'd want to compare them though. certainly out-pointed matthews, but then matthews doubled mat's goals. tough to say one way or the other, both amazing early starts to their careers. have to watch going forward to see who's better, but either way, i think both will have long careers and could both potentially lead franchises for along time.

Last edited:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Just letting my Isles friends know this is not an Isles fan. Some of the likes are pretty atrocious by this poster.

I like to look after my friends.

OpAck

Feb 19, 2004
Wilmington, NC
He'll have anywhere from 50 to 100 points.

What did I win? ;)

I'd feel comfortable with 75-85 points. 25 goals, 55 assists. Let's not forget he had no points through his first 5 games. Once he found his groove, he was lights out. I think he'll have a couple short pointless funks, as any sophomore will have.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Barzal’s point total will be 94. But Since two of his games will be 5 point games, he’ll only get credit for 84 points. Moreover, the point decrease from last year will prove conclusively that he is in a tailspin of regression.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Barzal’s point total will be 94. But Since two of his games will be 5 point games, he’ll only get credit for 84 points. Moreover, the point decrease from last year will prove conclusively that he is in a tailspin of regression.
And when you consider that, according to TSN, assists should only count for 1/2 as much as goals, i mean, practically he’s really only a 50 point player

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
90+

why not...the Kid is for real and that epic line will, unlike last year, start the season together.

IMO the wildcard is Beauvillier. If his upside is as big as I think it is, the points could come in bunches for Barzal. Can't wait to watch them again this year. The season can't start soon enough.

Reactions: MIK55

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad