Confirmed with Link: Matheson suspended 2 games for hit on Pettersson

JayX

Mar 7, 2013
Fort Lauderdale, FL
The descriptions I've seen used by Canucks fans are hilarious though. "He powerslammed him!" "He chokeslammed him!", way to go over the top guys. You'd think Matheson climbed onto a 20 foot steel cage and through him through the Fox Deportes announcers desk the way they describe it.

Reactions: klabob and Rahooji

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
If Matheson can man handle you around like a doll you should not be in the NHL

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

tenor.gif

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Yeah i read it right now. That was a suspension incoming after all the anger around. Also it matters the possible rookie of the Year, so Star Player safety.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
Remember when Max Domi sucker punched Aaron Ekblad and got away with a preseason suspension?

Matheson deserved a game or two for the added push, don't get me wrong. But I can't help but look back at the Domi incident and wonder why this gets a suspension and Domi doesn't get at least 1 regular season game for that, if not more.

It's things like that that keep me up at night.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
And lets get this out if the way.

Matheson stands zero chance against Guds. None. He would get the red knocked out of his head in one blow. Either drop the gloves and turtle or scratch the bastard.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Overreaction by the DOPS but they're not known for being consistent. He needs to sit anyway with his poor play so it may actually be a good thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad