Confirmed with Link: Matheson suspended 2 games for hit on Pettersson

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Hendricks wasn't in Guds' weight class
That's true, but that was then and this is now. He doesn't stick up for his teammates with the canucks. He does have one or two fights per season still, but always for purely selfish reasons, never to intervene on behalf of a teammate. That's just not who he is. Matheson has nothing to worry about from Erik Gudbranson.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
The message from the league is clear. If you want to see smaller skillful players out on the ice, get the enforcers back in the game, cause the league will not protect them.

And still Player like Subban, Big Buf, Chara and other heavy weights can check and do what they want, in the highest awaiting they face a laughable payment and things are done.
#Double Standards

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
And still Player like Subban, Big Buf, Chara and other heavy weights can check and do what they want, in the highest awaiting they face a laughable payment and things are done.
#Double Standards
I think the sad reality we face is the panthers have to become relevant to get any respect around the league because it’s obvious they don’t care about our players health at all.

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
frustrating to see pretty much the entire nhl fan base shitting on matheson and making all kinds of assumptions. i guess i can't say i'm surprised. classic mob mentality drummed up by the talking heads on TSN.

"purposely going after a rookie" nevermind the 150+ clean nhl games he played across 3 years.

"got mad that pete broke his ankles just before the hit" this seems like a stretch, it looks like matheson did get beat, but recovered pushed the puck back into the corner-keeping the play out of the slot.

"who cares that pete skated into matheson on a dump in and unintentionally caused kicked mathesons foot out from under him, resulting in mike crashing into the boards"

"purposely put his stick between his legs, can opener" watch the slow motion replay. matheson goes to poke the puck on the board. if you watch carefully the stick does not cause pete to lose balance. its the 200 lbs pushing 160 into the boards that causes him to lose balance.

nothing justifies what mike did here. after the hit, he should have helped pete from losing his balance, but instead he lost his composure. it was a terrible reflection of mike's character. i can't help but think he is going to be branded as a villain for the rest of his career over it, and probably unjustifiably only because it was a budding canadian star that was injured by a player on a not relevant team in a not relevant market. just. wow.

and considering what happens when there is a questionable play on one of our star players? bullshit double standard.

this is why shelter those 160 lb players and tell them to bulk up before giving them big minutes.

edit: /rant

Reactions: pantherbot

SimbaThePanther

Jul 3, 2015
Sweden
The only reason Matheson got that suspension is cause Pettersson is star talent in a big hockey market, had the roles been reversed...no chance. I've seen those "slams" handed out before and I can't remember anyone getting suspension afterwards for it, or thrown out of a game. Thing is, Pettersson has a lot of talent and skill as he has proved in the first few games already. But he is light as they come. Matheson didn't have to do the "slam" motion though, but oh my goodness has this thing been blown way out of proportion! That said, hoping for a speedy recovery for Pettersson...never fun seeing a talent like that get injured. But I highly doubt Matheson was out to hurt him on purpose, come on now!

Reactions: drktmplr12

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
i agree about how the league is not consistent with this crap. But at the end of the day I don't want any players to lose time especially ours to injuries like this.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
frustrating to see pretty much the entire nhl fan base ****ting on matheson and making all kinds of assumptions. i guess i can't say i'm surprised. classic mob mentality drummed up by the talking heads on TSN.

"purposely going after a rookie" nevermind the 150+ clean nhl games he played across 3 years.

"got mad that pete broke his ankles just before the hit" this seems like a stretch, it looks like matheson did get beat, but recovered pushed the puck back into the corner-keeping the play out of the slot.

"who cares that pete skated into matheson on a dump in and unintentionally caused kicked mathesons foot out from under him, resulting in mike crashing into the boards"

"purposely put his stick between his legs, can opener" watch the slow motion replay. matheson goes to poke the puck on the board. if you watch carefully the stick does not cause pete to lose balance. its the 200 lbs pushing 160 into the boards that causes him to lose balance.

nothing justifies what mike did here. after the hit, he should have helped pete from losing his balance, but instead he lost his composure. it was a terrible reflection of mike's character. i can't help but think he is going to be branded as a villain for the rest of his career over it, and probably unjustifiably only because it was a budding canadian star that was injured by a player on a not relevant team in a not relevant market. just. wow.

and considering what happens when there is a questionable play on one of our star players? bull**** double standard.

this is why shelter those 160 lb players and tell them to bulk up before giving them big minutes.

edit: /rant

Petterson is Swedish.

I assume you meant a budding star on a Canadian team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad