Matheson/Pettersson Incident | Matheson Receives Two Game Suspension Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think it should be more, but considering this is his first ever suspension it's seemingly fair. I think five games for his first suspension would've been just right for this kind of action.

If he does something similar ever again in the near future he should get 10-15 games.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Pettersson was choke slammed to the ice behind the net after a hit into the boards.

Firmenton was punched in a scrum after the whistle, while battling in front of the net.

Those 2 things are in fact completely different.

Formenton wasn't even part of the scrum. He was just standing there, and Hagg clocked him.

-Both are 2 minute roughing penalties.
-Both resulted in a concussion where the player had to leave the game and is now on IR
-Both were plays that are not uncommon, but happened to undersized kids.

Don't try to argue they are different. They are basically the same thing.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Player broke rule, caused injury, got token suspension = fine

If he did the same thing against a bigger player there is no injury or suspension. If he did it to the same player and they bounce back up with out the C word coming into play, no suspension.

They're holding players accountable for the result of reckless aggressive/ unnecessary plays.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Formenton wasn't even part of the scrum. He was just standing there, and Hagg clocked him.

-Both are 2 minute roughing penalties.
-Both resulted in a concussion where the player had to leave the game and is now on IR
-Both were plays that are not uncommon, but happened to undersized kids.

Don't try to argue they are different. They are basically the same thing.
Stop it. They are either the same thing, or they aren't. They can't basically be the same thing.

A gourd and a squash are basically the same thing, but you wouldn't eat a gourd, because they are different. See?

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
What a ****ing joke

If Pettersson was a 4th liner
If Pettersson was 6’+ and/or 200lbs+

there wouldn't be a suspension

Havent seen Matheson been schooled by a 4th liner!
Its the skilled one you have problem to catch with legal methods not scrubs!

EP40 is 6`2 , i think that slamdunk had damage more if EP were at 200 ibs.

Conclusion are that this scenario hadnt happen with a less skilled player! Matheson had caught a scrub clean with no retalation in his mind.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Actually if you look from another angle from the Florida feed that is posted as a reply to that tweet, it really doesn't.

Saw the reply to that tweet, looked like he kicked out Mathesons skate.

Slew foot people and expect retribution

The Worst One

Who wants to die?
Oct 5, 2017
You just contradicted yourself. The can opener and WWE throw down are a great cause of injuries and are superfluous to actual hockey.

Perhaps you are confusing hockey with dog fighting or MMA.
How did I contradict myself? I only implied that concussions aren't fun. If concussions arise due to rough plays in hockey so be it.

The Worst One

Who wants to die?
Oct 5, 2017
Then why is it a 'disaster'?

Elias is a speedy, skilled, goal scorer that got a head injury because of a stupid, reckless decision that should never have happened.
Well, because it was soft and so was DoPS decision.

sexydonut

May 12, 2009
Can openers and body slams aren't legal in hockey. Throwing the opposing player into the ice is a great way to cut down on skill and speed.

At least the WWE is staged and has a padded floor. Then again you may want MMA, dog fighting, snuff films.

Reactions: PuckFather
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad