Matheson/Pettersson Incident | Matheson Receives Two Game Suspension Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Hope Peetey comes back the same. Such a talented player. Matheson i dont think is a bad guy but clearly his worse side came out of him when humiliated by Pettersson all night long. He should expect a fight if he plays their next game against the Canucks in January. I wish no injury to him but I do hope this experience brings the Canucks players a lil closer and there is a lil fire under their back side to back each other up...

sexydonut

May 12, 2009
Matheson really wishes he didn't do this. Or he wishes there wasn't a rematch in a few months.

And ironically the Panthers could be a better team without Matheson. The guy is just deadweight and was burned on all three goals scored against them. Probably a reason why he got frustrated and went WWE.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Seems some of our guys get dumped on the ice in a similar fashion on a regular basis (esp the smaller ones). Love to see the rational for NOT handing out a suspension to say, Jamie Benn, if he essentially picks up Zucker and drops him. Love to see it.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Same thing happened in Ottawa. Formenton is our undersized kid, and was put on IR with a concussion due to a sucker punch by Hagg.

Due to a lack of outrage, Hagg wasn't suspended.

This suspension is 100% due to the injury and outrage.

Dexter Sinister

Sep 26, 2015
Idahizzle
Same thing happened in Ottawa. Formenton is our undersized kid, and was put on IR with a concussion due to a sucker punch by Hagg.

Due to a lack of outrage, Hagg wasn't suspended.

This suspension is 100% due to the injury and outrage.

I saw two sucker punches by Hagg there. The first on Ryan (who had his back turned) and the second on Formenton.

Feb 24, 2017
I think the suspension is more based on the injury instead of the action. I hope Pettersson recovers quickly and fully but I don't think a suspension was needed.
Revenge fueled lift up and forcefully slam down to the ice away from the play

Yeah sure no problem here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad