Matheson/Pettersson Incident | Matheson Receives Two Game Suspension Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Matheson really wishes he didn't do this. Or he wishes there wasn't a rematch in a few months.

And ironically the Panthers could be a better team without Matheson. The guy is just deadweight and was burned on all three goals scored against them. Probably a reason why he got frustrated and went WWE.
Deadweight you say?
As GM of the Oilers I offer you a 2nd round pick and Reider

Reactions: sexydonut

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Now players gotta play with kid's gloves... always second guessing. What a joke.
Get a clue; only a donkey would have to "second guess" body slamming another player into the ice. That's not hockey and any player who isn't sure if that's within the rules of the game is a clown.

Well, Carcillo needs to grow a pair. What a moron.
Say that to his face, tough guy. It's easy to say someone should "grow a pair", when you're hiding behind a keyboard.

Reactions: LiveeviL

The Worst One

Who wants to die?
Oct 5, 2017
Get a clue; only a donkey would have to "second guess" body slamming another player into the ice. That's not hockey and any player who isn't sure if that's within the rules of the game is a clown.

Say that to his face, tough guy. It's easy to say someone should "grow a pair", when you're hiding behind a keyboard.
I never said I'm a tough guy though.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
I never said I'm a tough guy though.
Yeah but you're sure talking like one, when you're going on about how hockey's "going soft" and telling an NHL enforcer to "grow a pair" because he doesn't believe that a player should be bodyslammed in a game that prohibits bodyslamming.

sexydonut

May 12, 2009
I don't praise celebs. I'd rather take a selfie with homeless person than celebs.

I know you are most likely just trolling; but just in case you are sincere, why would you not take Daniel Carcillo's CTE concerns seriously?

He isn't fixing your transmission, he isn't replacing your roof. He is a former NHL player talking about the dangers of superfluous violence.

sexydonut

May 12, 2009
Yeah but you're sure talking like one, when you're telling an NHL enforcer to "grow a pair" because he doesn't believe that a player should be bodyslammed in a game that prohibits bodyslamming.
He reminds me of the Michael Bolton guy in the opening scene of Office Space.

*lip syncs to gangsta rap, hurriedly rolls up windows and locks the door when a homeless dude walks by*

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Reading over the posts in this thread, it's apparent that the IQ of many of the posters on this site isn't much higher than the temperature of the weather outside. How can you be so obtuse (or stupid, not to point to fine a point on it) to think that body-slamming someone into the ice is acceptable? How would you like it if Zdeno Chara decided to pick up your superstar and slam him into the ice next game?

The Worst One

Who wants to die?
Oct 5, 2017
I know you are most likely just trolling; but just in case you are sincere, why would you not take Daniel Carcillo's CTE concerns seriously?

He isn't fixing your transmission, he isn't replacing your roof. He is a former NHL player talking about the dangers of superfluous violence.
I'm sincere. CTE is a major concern. I played semi-pro rugby. After second concussion I quit it in order to live a normal life. I like tough and physical hockey, but I don't like concussions though. What happened to Pettersson is unfortunate.

EscapedGoat

Jun 15, 2012
Says the guy whose never played in the NHL...

The best part is that you’d be asking for a selfie if you ever saw him! :laugh:

Better close these forums. Apparently the only people allowed to have an opinion are people who have played in the NHL.

If I wasnt so lazy I would follow your account for the next few days and respond "says the guy who never played in the NHL..." to all of your posts. Such a ridiculous comment to make.

sexydonut

May 12, 2009
I'm sincere. CTE is a major concern. I played semi-pro rugby. After second concussion I quit it in order to live a normal life. I like tough and physical hockey, but I don't like concussions though. What happened to Pettersson is unfortunate.
Maybe those concussions interfere with your logic and/or empathy. I am not even being snide. I suffered a major concussion in a car accident. For the next 2 years, I didn't feel any joy.

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
Better close these forums. Apparently the only people allowed to have an opinion are people who have played in the NHL.

If I wasnt so lazy I would follow your account for the next few days and respond "says the guy who never played in the NHL..." to all of your posts. Such a ridiculous comment to make.
When it comes to talking about concussions/CTE:
I will take the opinion of someone who has played the game over someone who calls that guy a moron because that poster wants “tough hockey” over humans being protected from brain damage....

You’re right about being lazy though! Read the thread.

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
A lot more shit got done in the world when everyone wasn't worried about everyones safety. Good bye pyramids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->