GWT: Matchweek 19

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I think the bigger issue is that if Liverpool beats Arsenal, their lead will be 7 points over City going into that game. So City will have to attack unlike the game at the Anfield, where they will be vulnerable on the counter especially if Fernandinho doesn't play. That wont end well for them.

Brighton just missed a sitter.

The main difference between the Liverpool of now and the other title challenging Liverpool teams is that they never, ever, ever had a defender like van Dijk.

If he never gets hurt they should win the title from the position they're in. Simple as that.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Is Torreira out of the Liverpool game now because of yellow card accumulation?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
How many chances are Brighton gonna bottle.

They bottle so many in every game. If they were slightly more clinical they would be pushing the 9-11 range of the able which would be huge for them. Then again they also give up a ton of chances and Matty bails them out a lot.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Im not letting those get to head, I let there win against city in 13-14 to convince my self that it was done and stevie was going to get his title, and then the unthinkable happened.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Torreira and Delph out for games that could decide our season.

Seems like years of bad luck have turned back around this season.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Chelsea needs to win today to take advantage of City and Arsenal dropping points.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Torreira and Delph out for games that could decide our season.

Seems like years of bad luck have turned back around this season.
Torreira being out is big he was their best player last time we played.

Delph has been wretched this season. City might be better off

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
That looks bad for Kabasele.

Edit: Wow, figured he'd bee off for sure.

Edit2: Well guess he wasn't fully up for coming back on. Hopefully it's just a bruise.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Who is that loony bloke that called Ederson a WC goalkeeper in the past? Looking quite foolish because he never was one, he was always a passable goalkeeper who fits Pep's style and nothing more. Surprised he hasn't been exposed more in the last couple of years, but considering how good Man City also isn't a shock how he's able to hide behind mediocre performances.

Arsenal just doesn't have the passing game yet from the players to play Emery's style. Brighton is an underrated team so nobody can take them lightly, but I saw Arsenal pretty much dominate possession, build the play up, make a stupid passing decision, and get broken on the counter. Now Arsenal doesn't have to make perfect passing decisions every single time, I prefer them to try and get goals off a couple of risks, but we're throwing too many bodies forward. Perhaps we can learn a bit from Liverpool and not throw so many people up; I mean for Godsake Brighton's goal came off an Arsenal corner kick. I like that Emery doesn't care about taking off players like Laca and Ozil, but I think he took them off way too early for my liking. Lacazette was good and how he created Auba's goal was unbelievable. Ozil should've been given more of a chance.

Which goes into my next point, just screw this English media. Aubameyang was scoring on a torrid pace at BVB and for multiple seasons, he comes to the EPL and keeps scoring at that pace and is just being considered now an elite striker. Just eff off with that, he was always an elite striker, but these blokes are so far up their asses with English football they think they have a legitimate chance to win international competitions every year. Lol.

Watching Koscielny is a disheartening. It's like watching your dog towards the end.
Yeah, I love Kos and he's been a warrior, but I can't not ****ing believe I want Mustafi back. Not because he's good, but the chemistry between him and Sokartis is just the best chance to win games currently.

Son routinely has one month where he's really really good and then he's just above average
Son is not average, he might have some Ozil blood where he disappears in big games, but the dude is a solid player I would welcome on Arsenal. Get rid of his garbage diving though before he would join.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Seriously get Jorginho away from the DM position, this is really stubborn by Sarri.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Brighton is an underrated team so nobody can take them lightly

Honestly! They are extremely well organized and disciplined and they have good players in every position. Not any starts in the squad but they have enough to hang around in any game and grab a point or three every now and again!

Reactions: Blender

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad