GWT: Matchweek 19

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
OMG LOCADIA DID SOMETHING!?!? LOL. Another classic Brighton goal making something out of nothing.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Long time no see people.

Very happy with how Spurs are playing. Son has to be the most in-form player in the league right now.

Walker-Peters picking up 3 assists in his first PL start this season was a joy to watch too.

Usually Spurs play better during the second half of the season, but Son will be off to Asia in January and we will be swapping home grounds again. I think this is Liverpool's season.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Approaching 2019 and Lichsteiner and Koscielny are starting games for Arsenal. That's why they're behind the top 4.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I'm still not ready to say they are favorites. With those two games coming up

Being unwilling to say they're the favorites when they have a 6 point lead (7 over the team most would consider the favorites until recently) at the midpoint is just wanting to protect yourself from getting your hopes up.

I get it. I feel it with the expectations that the Leafs should make at least a decent run in the playoffs this year, but Liverpool is objectively the favorite for the title at this point.

Reactions: Gecklund

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Of course they're the favorites now, it's no longer just wishful thinking. They haven't even lost a f***ing game and City are dropping points to teams that are nowhere near the top. I get that people are so used to Liverpool failing, but holy shit this is really happening where they're going to have a lead in the table like this.

One way or another it will end in tears, so there's that to look forward to.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Being unwilling to say they're the favorites when they have a 6 point lead (7 over the team most would consider the favorites until recently) at the midpoint is just wanting to protect yourself from getting your hopes up.

I get it. I feel it with the expectations that the Leafs should make at least a decent run in the playoffs this year, but Liverpool is objectively the favorite for the title at this point.
Liverpool are up 6 on 2nd, but also have two very tough games in a row. This can change very quickly. After those games ask me who the favorite is.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Of course they're the favorites now, it's no longer just wishful thinking. They haven't even lost a ****ing game and City are dropping points to teams that are nowhere near the top. I get that people are so used to Liverpool failing, but holy **** this is really happening where they're going to have a lead in the table like this.

One way or another it will end in tears, so there's that to look forward to.
Ask me who the favorite is after the City game

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Of course Liverpool could lose both games.

They could lose every game from now to the end of the season in theory.

It's very unlikely that they lose both games. They haven't lost yet.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They're the favorites right now. Full stop.

If they lose two in a row that may not hold, but as of right now it does.
Of course Liverpool could lose both games.

They could lose every game from now to the end of the season in theory.

It's very unlikely that they lose both games. They haven't lost yet.
These are all fair points, but with head to head games against two of the three teams to take points off them in the league, I'm not calling them favorites.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The current form they're in, Liverpool are favorites to win both.

Delph will also be banned from that game which leaves Laporte or some other CB having to defend Salah. Good luck with that.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If you're not willing to call them favorites at this point, you shouldn't be allowed to enjoy the win if it happens. The sporting gods should disallow it.
I dont think those things are mutually exclusive. Liverpool are up there because they went through the first half of the season unbeaten its a great accomplishment. Also, their schedule eases up after the City game. That's the marker for me.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The current form they're in, Liverpool are favorites to win both.

Delph will also be banned from that game which leaves Laporte or some other CB having to defend Salah. Good luck with that.
I think the bigger issue is that if Liverpool beats Arsenal, their lead will be 7 points over City going into that game. So City will have to attack unlike the game at the Anfield, where they will be vulnerable on the counter especially if Fernandinho doesn't play. That wont end well for them.

Brighton just missed a sitter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad