Injury Report: Massive, All-Encompassing Injury Thread (Neal, Bennett, Scuderi, Kobasew)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
therrien_74754.JPG

This team is so soff. No one sticks up for one another. Other team's take runs at our players and they just stand their and take it.

Which really is the problem. This whole week teams were making statements and taking runs at players, and those runs resulted in players leaving the ice and not returning. Except for one Glass fight the Pens mostly stood around and drooled in response.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Of course no one said that literally, it's a figure of speech. However, there have been numerous posters in favor of dealing him for little (low round picks) return when he is clearly much more valuable.

lots of people want him moved. I haven't seen anyone suggest they give him away.

I still want him moved today, btw. He is not a good partner for Letang.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Massive, All-Encompassing Injury Thread

Merging other threads into this one after several requests. All individual injury threads posted after the merge will be deleted.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
On this team, wouldn't 'Massive All-Encompassing Healthy thread' be more appropriate?

It certainly would at most times be a much shorter list.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Kobasew and Sutter injured?

Kill me now.

How many man games is that lost so far this season?

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Sutter is really a pretty big loss, his faceoffs won't be easy to replace. The other thing that really bugs me about this is having Glass on the 3rd line, but the guy went to the net last night, and that's more than a lot of them do.

Lookin forward to Megna on the big team though, and full time Bort.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Further up in the thread it came from Shelly that Sutter was not in practice over a wrist thing, maybe it won't keep him out. Hopefully not.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Why's that? I've sprained my ankle from falling off a ladder, i was put in a brace and had crutches for like a month and a half and i ditched the crutches after 3 weeks. It sounds like Scuds is going to need surgery and will probably need a full on cast.

Honestly, at this time of the year I'd rather it be a broken ankle than a sprain. Once this heals he should be good to go, instead of having that sprain looming overhead.

I severely sprained my right ankle when I was 8 or 9 and the damn thing gets aggravated at least once a year. Those muscles never truly recover to full strength...bones heal.

This sucks, but at least we have the depth to cover for it.

Exactly. A broken bone, there's a specific time frame for a return. Who knows with high ankle sprains. How long was Crosby out with that, months? Plus his speed never got back to where it was before the injury for well over a year, if it ever did at all. Either way this sucks for Scuderi.

What these guys said. Breaks sound worse, but they heal better. A high ankle sprain takes forever to get over, if a player ever gets over it. Scuderi's ankle will have the gunk scraped out of there, it will be properly repaired, and he should be as good as new after rehab.

Random Oracle

Aug 3, 2005
I remember watching a preseason and seeing the injury update which was simply "injuries: none". I thought this is a nice situation to be in and hoped we'd have better luck with injuries this season. A few games after that, Vokoun, Letang, Neal, and D'Agostini were out.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
We may not win the Cup, but we will win the most man games lost every year.

ByeBye

Jul 13, 2010
What teams have the least injuries in the last few years?

Teams like Dallas, LA or Anaheim seem to have been relatively healthy if you look at mangameslost.com. No idea how reliable that is and obviously, an injured Sidney Crosby counts the same as an injured John Scott.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
PLAYER|TYPE OF INJURY|DATE REPORTED|EXPECTED RECOVERY TIME|STATUS|UPDATED|SOURCE
Tomáš Vokoun |Blood Clot|Pre-Season|3-6 mos|No updates|10.29.13|N/A
James Neal |Upper Body|10.04.13|Week to Week|Returned to work outs, min. 3 weeks from playing|10.29.13| @RealKyper
Beau Bennett |Upper Body|10.13.13|No timetable|Skating on his own, not practicing|10.29.13| Pens
Rob Scuderi |Broken Ankle|10.28.13|No timetable|Surgery this week|10.29.13| Pens
Chuck Kobasew |Lower Body|10.29.13|3-4 Weeks|No updates|10.29.13| Pens

Would it help keep confusion down if this table was added to the beginning of the thread? (updated to include info source)

Last edited:

Rocket of Russia

Needs more Tang
Mar 8, 2012
USA
PLAYER|TYPE OF INJURY|DATE REPORTED|EXPECTED RECOVERY TIME|STATUS|UPDATED
Tomáš Vokoun |Blood Clot|Pre-Season|3-6 mos|No updates|10.29.13
James Neal |Upper Body|10.04.13|Week to Week|Returned to work outs, min. 3 weeks from playing|10.29.13
Beau Bennett |Upper Body|10.13.13|No timetable|Skating on his own, not practicing|10.29.13
Rob Scuderi |Broken Ankle|10.28.13|No timetable|Surgery this week|10.29.13
Chuck Kobasew |Lower Body|10.29.13|3-4 Weeks|No updates|10.29.13

Would it help keep confusion down if this table was added to the beginning of the thread?

Looks good, but I NEED an update on Kobasew! No, but Neal is really still 3 weeks out?!

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Looks good, but I NEED an update on Kobasew! No, but Neal is really still 3 weeks out?!
Thanks! I updated it just now to include the source of the update
This was a couple pages back ...
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 11h
#Penguins Neal begins working out again. He's still 3 wks away from playing. Expected to be skating in a week.
@RealKyper

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I just want to know how Neal got hurt. Was he busy trying to get his "messy out of bed look" just right and had his arm up too long and strained his shoulder?

Like I would 100% buy that, he's a vain as hell dude.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I just want to know how Neal got hurt. Was he busy trying to get his "messy out of bed look" just right and had his arm up too long and strained his shoulder?

Like I would 100% buy that, he's a vain as hell dude.

Got stuck trying to get a shirt on/off and twisted weirdly?

This is so embarrassing, the jokes aren't worse than the probable reality. :laugh:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Got stuck trying to get a shirt on/off and twisted weirdly?

This is so embarrassing, the jokes aren't worse than the probable reality. :laugh:

He was probably banging on Paul Martin's door for his daily breakfast and strained his arm and shoulder, the sad part was that he later checked his phone and saw a text from Paul stating he was at Denny's with the rest of the guys.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I remember watching a preseason and seeing the injury update which was simply "injuries: none". I thought this is a nice situation to be in and hoped we'd have better luck with injuries this season. A few games after that, Vokoun, Letang, Neal, and D'Agostini were out.

Let's face it, this team is filled with a bunch of nancies that are weak enough to be injured while squatting in the loo to drop a log.

We're doomed.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
He was probably banging on Paul Martin's door for his daily breakfast and strained his arm and shoulder, the sad part was that he later checked his phone and saw a text from Paul stating he was at Denny's with the rest of the guys.

Nah, he tried to get in through a window and got stuck. While he was trying to call for help he saw the text.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad