Injury Report: Massive, All-Encompassing Injury Thread (Neal, Bennett, Scuderi, Kobasew)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
[Edit - threads have been merged... DegenX made this table to keep track.]

PLAYER|TYPE OF INJURY|DATE REPORTED|EXPECTED RECOVERY TIME|STATUS|UPDATED|SOURCE
Tomáš Vokoun |Blood Clot|Pre-Season|3-6 mos|No updates|10.29.13|N/A
James Neal |Upper Body|10.04.13|Week to Week|Returned to work outs, min. 3 weeks from playing|10.29.13| @RealKyper
Beau Bennett |Upper Body|10.13.13|No timetable|Skating on his own, not practicing|10.29.13| Pens
Rob Scuderi |Broken Ankle|10.28.13|No timetable|Surgery this week|10.29.13| Pens
Chuck Kobasew |Lower Body|10.29.13|3-4 Weeks|No updates|10.29.13| Pens

Last edited:

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
This is just sad, so many of them have already gotten injured. A general injury thread would probably work better if there were less injuries. !

I'll laugh if it's because of the baseball, Jesus. It's Glass' time to shine, baby... Bylsma did it on purpose.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Just getting all the injuries out of the system now. Works for me. Any word on if he has been skating or practicing?

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Amazing how the injuries always happen to the who's who of our players. No worries though. Tanner Glass is an iron man. All 48 games last year and probably all 82 this year. :sarcasm:

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Bennett replaces Neal. Glass goes to the 3rd line and then when that line is ineffective, Kobesew gets the blame and drops to the 4th line in favor of Adams.

The Gladams entity can not be stopped.

Smacker

#LetsGoPens
Aug 15, 2012
This is sad. All these injuries, and even the regular season hasn't started yet.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
The fact that Beau stayed on the third line and Vitale filled in on Geno's RW makes me think that the injury isn't too serious.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Isn't that what Jokinen brings? :sarcasm:

The only good news if Neal is out is that at least Bennett should get the call for that line

If this is what it has to take to get Bennett onto the right line, then so be it. It REALLY SHOULDN'T HAVE TO COME TO THIS, though.

Bennett replaces Neal. Glass goes to the 3rd line and then when that line is ineffective, Kobesew gets the blame and drops to the 4th line in favor of Adams.

The Gladams entity can not be stopped.

Glass would keep that 3rd line spot, and Bennett would be demoted to the fourth under that scenario. Book it.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I guess the instructors at Westpoint really didn't like missing their paychecks.

LetangInTheSO

Oct 17, 2008
Any time a player is reported by the Pens as having gone out of the lineup due to injury, it's fair game for a thread. Unless we want to do one giant catch-all injury thread but people seem not to like those.

Just keep it on topic and all will be well.

I was told the exact opposite of this (i.e. "all injuries need to be posted in the cumulative thread") by a Pens board moderator last season. So, are we now officially on the "one thread per injured player" bandwagon?

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Bennett-Crosby-Dupuis
Kunitz-Malkin-Jussi

Maybe?

I doubt Bylsma would do it, but it makes sense.

Position wise, this would make sense to me.

Kunitz - Crosby - Bennett
Jokinen - Malkin - Dupuis

And I just want to see Dupuis tried on Malkin's wing again, for instances like this. Dupuis on the third line to be used in the top 6 as an injury insert, if a winger is injured Dupuis gets slotted in.

The season hasn't started and the team is down 3 key players. :help:

LetangInTheSO

Oct 17, 2008
Amazing how the injuries always happen to the who's who of our players. No worries though. Tanner Glass is an iron man. All 48 games last year and probably all 82 this year. :sarcasm:

My thoughts exactly. In the last few years, the following guys have missed serious time b/c of injury:
Crosby
Malkin
Staal
Neal (I guess only an 8-game stretch)
Letang
Fleury

While these guys were pretty much immune to injury:
Adams
Kennedy
Glass
Engelland
Cooke