Injury Report: Massive, All-Encompassing Injury Thread (Neal, Bennett, Scuderi, Kobasew)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
It's ridiculous how long Neal has been it for. What even is the injury?

It really is.

Nice of the team to rush him back and get him hurt again. It was game one of the season. I guess they viewed it as a must win game since there's only 81 left after that. :shakehead

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
[/B]

strawman. Literally no one said this.

Of course no one said that literally, it's a figure of speech. However, there have been numerous posters in favor of dealing him for little (low round picks) return when he is clearly much more valuable.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I actually prefer it this way unless a bunch of you don't. This way you don't get OT talking about other players, trades we should've made, etc. I suppose if everyone feels strongly they'd rather all the threads be merged, I can do that but seems to be working OK. If we get more than 3 active ones (we're not going to have IR threads for role players) then I'll merge em for sure.

Can we have one general one for the smaller injuries and less important players? Keep individual threads for the likes of Neal, Scuderi, Vokoun and Bennett :)cry:), while people like Kobasew/D'Agostini or someone just missing a game or two is in one thread?

ZeroHero

Dec 3, 2010
Pens Report ‏@pensreport 16m

News is Brandon Sutter's now apparently injured. On the plus Pens should be able to get a bulk rate on airfare from Wilkes-Barre.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Is our third line from the beginning of the season actually gone? ****ing christ.

Kobasew (?)-Sutter-Bennett The third line is gone, Glass-Vitale-Adams is now the third line...

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I wonder if Jeffrey will finally get another chance with Sutter injured.

I didn't have a problem with sitting the kid a few games after he went scoreless 6 straight games but he doesn't deserve all this. He should have gotten another shot by now. Hopefully he gets it.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Has that been confirmed anywhere or is it just speculation/joke that's become lore?

Not confirmed by the Pens/Shero/Bylsma, but would you expect it to be? :laugh: That seems like something you wouldn't want to release details on. Upper-body injury, and the Pens are taking it to the grave.

jdl1020

Jun 13, 2009
I can't be the only guy in this thread who has had a plate installed near his ankle. That thing won't be normal for a year.

I'll join your club, lol. I broke both bones (tib/fib) April 12, 2011 after getting pulled down and going into the boards. Bimalleolar fracture, required a 9 inch plate on the tibia and 10 screws total. 6 weeks completely non-weight bearing, then could walk gingerly with a cane. Doc said come August when I could skate again (5 months). Ended up being December - and although technically I could "skate", any type of competitive level was just NOT gonna happen. Had the plate removed a year ago (Oct. 2012), and just not back to adult leagues. Ankle is STILL visibly swollen and gets pretty achy.

As mentioned, your leg shrinks a ridiculous amount from non-use. I did rehab at UPMCs center for sport's medicine, and the athletic trainer there who worked with me was in the Pens programs as being on their staff (not sure if he still is) and worked Sid through his ankle sprain. Helped a ton, he was amazing, but you still end up being a long way off. Ankles can just be really bad news. Worst case would probably be if he had a trimalleolar fracture and had to get the ankle temporarily fused, as then he'd have that screw removed after the bone is healed around the plate - and removal of that means another surgery, period of non-weight bearing, and rehab. The plate supports the break, but you can get small stress fractures radiating from the screw holes - which is a setback.

No way of really knowing how long though, unless they say what all was broken. If he's having surgery though, it's very likely for ORIF and it won't be a "quick" return. Hopefully his conditioning minimizes the time and he doesn't face any setbacks.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Either Jeffrey and Engelland are used in Sutter and Kobsew's spots (idiotic but very probable) or Gibbons gets a look over Engelland.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Hopefully we'll be (relatively, it's the Pens mind you) healthy by Christmas, with Neal, Bennett, and Scuderi back.

ByeBye

Jul 13, 2010
Who's next in line? Gibbons?

EDIT: I don't mean to get injured but to get called up. Just to clarify. A callup wouldn't get injured anyway.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
It's just sad, and Malkin officially kills players on his RW this season.

Kunitz - Crosby - Dupuis
Jokinen - Malkin - Neal
Kobasew - Sutter - Bennett
Glass - Vitale - Adams

Letang has been injured, D'Agostini has been injured, Scuderi is out and Vokoun.

8 injured players so far with only 2 of them back.

Kunitz - Crosby - Dupuis
Jokinen - Malkin - Megna/Glass
Glass/Megna - Vitale - Adams
Engelland/X - Jeffrey/X - D'Agostini

It's hideous.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
So, now Sutter and Kobasew.

I blame that guy who is always wishing injury on Duper. Bad ju-ju, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad