Injury Report: Massive, All-Encompassing Injury Thread (Neal, Bennett, Scuderi, Kobasew)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Scuderi will be out at least 2 months. Not based on any sources, but 6-8 weeks for a broken ankle with surgery plus at least 2 weeks of basic functional rehab is typical just for your average Joe non-athlete. He'll then have to get back into shape and practice. Wouldn't be surprised if he's not playing again until mid-February, unless he has Staal genes in him.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
I just want to know how Neal got hurt. Was he busy trying to get his "messy out of bed look" just right and had his arm up too long and strained his shoulder?

Like I would 100% buy that, he's a vain as hell dude.

Haha. My username was actually inspired by Neal's hair.

I still maintain that it was a gruesome whiffle ball accident, but you've now got me thinking along the lines of a torn rotator cuff from overly vigorous brushing...

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
I'm convinced that this team is more cautious or protective when it comes to injuries than most other teams in the league. Almost like the paranoid mother than constantly follows her kid around with a bottle of hand sanitizer and makes him wear gloves and a winter jacket in May...

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
All these players are injured are less impactful then losing SID.

Knock on wood/stay healthy Sid.

It's like this is the voodoo cost of keeping Sid Healthy.

At this point I've learned to mentally prepare myself for the possibility of losing either one of Sid or Geno for an extended period of time. It's become status quo as far as I'm concerned.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Can we add a prediction to the 'Pens predict:' thread?

In addition to the score, first goal scorer, and three stars, can we add a prediction on what player will get injured and and how many games he will miss?

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I'm convinced that this team is more cautious or protective when it comes to injuries than most other teams in the league. Almost like the paranoid mother than constantly follows her kid around with a bottle of hand sanitizer and makes him wear gloves and a winter jacket in May...

And so it begins. :laugh:

Pens new third uni ought to be made of bubble wrap

Next year's West Point trip is already being planned to coincide with the introduction of new protective gear.

This organization is Detail Oriented ™. Pretty sure the guy in front is Bennett, testing things out this summer.

article-2380275-1B083516000005DC-552_634x463.jpg

Last edited:

SweetStache

Jan 28, 2013
Haha. My username was actually inspired by Neal's hair.

I still maintain that it was a gruesome whiffle ball accident, but you've now got me thinking along the lines of a torn rotator cuff from overly vigorous brushing...

I've said this to others, and I actually believe it 100%. No adult should ever throw a whiffle ball...EVER. For whatever reason serious rotator cuff injuries occur and are something I've personally witnessed. We're talking multiple friends/business associates going under the knife.

I refuse to throw those dxxx things.

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
I've said this to others, and I actually believe it 100%. No adult should ever throw a whiffle ball...EVER. For whatever reason serious rotator cuff injuries occur and are something I've personally witnessed. We're talking multiple friends/business associates going under the knife.

Have you ever considered that the other constant is your involvement?

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness

Beware: I was mocked for suggesting that players could torque something or throw something out of whack by whipping an ultra-light ball or bat when their arms are not use to the motion. Sometimes something being super-light is just as bad as it being heavy, depending on the motion. ;)

People F themselves up all the time swinging golf clubs the wrong way... tennis too. Not exactly heavy implements. It's all about the stretching and muscle memory / what you're used to.

Now, it could easily NOT have been whiffle ball. But I wouldn't be totally shocked if it was. These are Canadians we're talking about. No one every taught them the right way to swing / throw. :sarcasm:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
And so it begins. :laugh:

Next year's West Point trip is already being planned to coincide with the introduction of new protective gear.

This organization is Detail Oriented â„¢. Pretty sure the guy in front is Bennett, testing things out this summer.

article-2380275-1B083516000005DC-552_634x463.jpg

they can save a little money too since they won't need to order a suit for Despres

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
Scuderi will be out at least 2 months. Not based on any sources, but 6-8 weeks for a broken ankle with surgery plus at least 2 weeks of basic functional rehab is typical just for your average Joe non-athlete. He'll then have to get back into shape and practice. Wouldn't be surprised if he's not playing again until mid-February, unless he has Staal genes in him.
See this is why I thought we needed to keep Maata. You knew injuries would happen and we rarely if ever are whole.

As for Neal what is his injury? Was he injured in the opening game or did he just re aggravate something then? Why not put him on lair, wouldn't we get cap space credit for deadline acq?

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
The team has not reported anything specific regarding Neal's injury, except that it's upper body. Probably one of those things where we won't find out until he's back in practice and games / being interviewed.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
See this is why I thought we needed to keep Maata. You knew injuries would happen and we rarely if ever are whole.

As for Neal what is his injury? Was he injured in the opening game or did he just re aggravate something then? Why not put him on lair, wouldn't we get cap space credit for deadline acq?

Neal hurt himself playing whiffleball. Neal is on LTIR I believe, but LTIR does not give you cap space credit for the deadline. All it does is let you exceed the cap by Neal's cap hit while he is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad