Confirmed with Link: Mason to PHI for Leighton, 3rd Rnd Pick

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Leighton may or may not be so great... I've not seen him play much but I was at a playoff game in Buffalo a couple of years ago and he gave up three in the first, was pulled and the Flyers came back to win... just saying.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Impressive return for Mason. It will be interesting facing him next season in the same division. High glove side boys!

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
What an amazing deal on our end! I would have been thrilled with a 3rd straight up for Mason.

Leighton has negative value. He's more of a cap dump in this deal then anything. I am looking forward to seeing if Mason can turn his career around here. Will be interesting to see if we buyout Bryz after this year he may well be our starter next year who knows. Question to Columbus fans, do you all think that Mason's numbers are more of a product of his ability or the system and team?

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Nice to see the team get something for Mason.

It all went down hill after he killed 60% of the HFCBJ Poster's dogs. At least that's why I think everybody hated him so much.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Criminy, Mase. That could be a horrifying situation.

Getting a 3rd and any goaltender at all back, tho? DAYUM.

Would've been nice to try to boost his value a little more, but the contract situation wasn't going to enable that...

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Leighton has negative value. He's more of a cap dump in this deal then anything. I am looking forward to seeing if Mason can turn his career around here. Will be interesting to see if we buyout Bryz after this year he may well be our starter next year who knows. Question to Columbus fans, do you all think that Mason's numbers are more of a product of his ability or the system and team?

I have little upside on Leighton as well... as for Mason, he was best under Hitchcock's defensive shield.. after he has had some good nights but overall he seems to lack concentration and confidence..

That said, in a new environment anything is possible, he does have some talent but man; watch out for the soft goals, rebounds and glove high right.

TheDrizzle81

Nov 13, 2008
Marlton NJ
Good luck to Mason, but what the hell is Holmgren doing?

Bobrovsky for Mason? :help:

no body will ever know.

I personally like Mason tho, im hoping they buy out bryz, bring in a guy like Biron and see what happens. Hopefully he rebounds half as well as Bob did for you guys.

Just hope MFL never plays.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Leighton fills a roster need for the rest of the season. Allows McIlhenny to stay in Springy or, if FO wants, Curtis to backup Bob while Leighton plays in the AHL.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

I feel the first year he struggled was all on him. He came into camp overweight and a huge ego. The 2nd year he struggled our defense sucked, and last year was just turmoil for everyone. He wasn't bad this year. Wish him all the best.

CapnCornelius

Oct 28, 2006
Holmgren, call us anytime you want, buddy.

(Uncontrollable laughter).

Adios, Mason. Can't wait until the first time you try to throw those guys in Philly under the bus.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Pekka Rinne was 26 his rookie year, Vokoun was 24 when he finally stopped bouncing back and forth between the IHL and NHL, Luongo 25, Belfour 25. Most goalies are in that age range when they finally become competent starters

Oh wait you mean....kinda like Bobrovsky

Sorry I had to.

haha in the philly thread

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad