Confirmed with Link: Mason to PHI for Leighton, 3rd Rnd Pick

TheDrizzle81

Nov 13, 2008
Marlton NJ
As I said once already I saw him meltdown in Buffalo and pulled during the playoffs a few years ago... the Flyers went on to win the series without playing him if I recall..

That was a full team meltdown that saw at least 10-12 goalie changes between 3 goalies (Boucher bob and Leighton). Miller also had meltdown. Boston demolished us the next round

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Why not re-sign him? He's got a 1.000 save percent and a 0.00 gaa for them :laugh:

JACKETfan

Real Blue Jacketfan
Mar 18, 2006
Tampa
Why not re-sign him? He's got a 1.000 save percent and a 0.00 gaa for them :laugh:

Now that's what you call funny.

Can we lock the thread now and forget?

t10neuralizer.jpg

KeithBWhittington

Going North
Jun 14, 2003
Brick by Brick
Visit site
Its just one year, and its less than his current rate substantially. Compared to the goaltending they have been getting, its almost a non issue anyways. Philly needed to do this or they'd look incredibly stupid for forking over what they did for him. He is a guy thats still capable of starting almost nightly because of his relative health and youth still, as long as you aren't too concerned with immediate dividends in terms of Wins and Losses.

1.5 for a guy you can throw out they each night is nothing to sneeze at, financially, at least.

I expect he will be unspectacular at best next season and he will not be resigned and will likely begin the "journeyman" part of his career very early.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
That was Voracek that beat Mason.

LOL, this was my boneheaded post of the night. Voracek scored on the other goalie and I forgot he and Mason were on the same team. Think before you post.

Gustafsson slid it in later for an own goal, but that wasn't what I was referring to.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
After watching the jackets play last night

I'm still knocking on wood (my head) & hoping Bob is able to keep on keeping on. Love this guy, so nice to see him working his arse off for the team:handclap:

cbj21

Oct 2, 2005
Shampoo land
Bryz_sleeping.gif

1. "I don't see you" ..

2. "yaawn, where am I?"

3. "OMG It's not a nightmare, I'm really on the bench!"

4. "yup I got your job biach!"

Steeltown Jacket

FanFromPensTerritory
Aug 8, 2011
Central Ohio
Dan Geltson @APgeltson

Flyers lead here 3-1 late 2nd. I think we can all agree Steve Mason is the goalie of the future. Buh-bye, Bryz.
9:07pm - 16 Apr 13
-------------------
Sarcasm I assume, but as I typed this, Rangers score to close within 3-2.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Mason stopped 38 out of 40 tonight in the win over the Rangers. That puts the Rangers very close to being out of the top 8 in the East.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->