Proposal: Mason McTavish (ANA) for Jake Sanderson (OTT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
to shake things up, possibly gives Ducks one of the best d corps for the future and turns Ottawas forward crop truly dangerous

Why do Anaheim need to shake things up?

I get sens might wanna "shake things up" but it also doesnt make any sense for them to strengthen their foward core while weaking defense when Chych is reportedly on the way out.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Why do Anaheim need to shake things up?

I get sens might wanna "shake things up" but it also doesnt make any sense for them to strengthen their foward core while weaking defense when Chych is reportedly on the way out.
Chychrun isn’t going anywhere when your top two centers are McTavish and Stutzle

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
I love McTavish but no way in hell Ottawa even takes that call.
You think the Ducks were the ones coming up with this and calling Ottawa?

Back to the original premise. Did you even look to see what Anaheim needs or did you just think "I want my team to have this player, here's one of ours that's pretty good too..."? Because Anaheim is overflowing with strong D prospects, many probably ready to hit the league in the next couple of years. Chances are very good that they'll be trading some of them fairly soon. The last thing they need is another D-man clogging things up & taking away time to evaluate the ones that they already have.

Reactions: Play

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia

Back to the original premise. Did you even look to see what Anaheim needs or did you just think "I want my team to have this player, here's one of ours that's pretty good too..."? Because Anaheim is overflowing with strong D prospects, many probably ready to hit the league in the next couple of years. Chances are very good that they'll be trading some of them fairly soon. The last thing they need is another D-man clogging things up & taking away time to evaluate the ones that they already have.
You can always trade one of the d's to the metro division for young forward talent

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
You can always trade one of the d's to the metro division for young forward talent
They probably will be, but they can do that while still holding on to MacT.

Sorry, in a vacuum, an interesting proposal/thought, but in the actual world it's really bad for Anaheim.

Reactions: Play

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
The league needs more big trades. This one though doesn’t make sense for either club. Maybe Zegras for Chychrun?

• Haha
Reactions: Groo

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
Sanderson hasn’t even started the eight year contract extension he signed with Ottawa yet … if a team and a player show that level of commitment to each other, I can’t imagine a team sending out a message to all future free agents “commit with us so we can ship you out!” by doing something like that. It just doesn’t happen. Even with the management shift and that not being a Staios contract, it’s still something that, organizationally, you just don’t do unless the player is demanding a trade.

So to me any question of evaluating Sanderson vs McTavish on skill set, future, team need … is all secondary to the fact that Sanderson’s contract extension really shows a mutual commitment to Ottawa that it would be a terrible idea for Ottawa to ship out before it even begins.

If Sanderson was still where he was at this time last year (and basically where McTavish is now - over a year from end of ELC and thus with no long term commitment in place) then we could make an apples to apples comparison. But they’re not. You don’t trade the guy you just extended 8 years that hasn’t even begun year 1 yet … unless you’re offered the most outlandish of overpayments to make it an offer you can’t refuse, like a Bedard. You don’t trade that for a remotely equivalent skill player just to ‘shake things around’

keglu

Jul 11, 2014

If 21 years old 1D playing 23min per game is last thing your team need im seriously jealous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad