Proposal: Mason McTavish (ANA) for Jake Sanderson (OTT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
You think the Ducks were the ones coming up with this and calling Ottawa?

Back to the original premise. Did you even look to see what Anaheim needs or did you just think "I want my team to have this player, here's one of ours that's pretty good too..."? Because Anaheim is overflowing with strong D prospects, many probably ready to hit the league in the next couple of years. Chances are very good that they'll be trading some of them fairly soon. The last thing they need is another D-man clogging things up & taking away time to evaluate the ones that they already have.
Sanderson "clogging things up".

:laugh:

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
It certainly wasn’t anyone from Ottawa.
What’s that supposed to mean? I was raised in America and it’s my home, but I’m born in Ottawa, fun fact.

No I’m not a Sens fan, but that’s besides the point you made.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
maybe something around zegras and chabot. both could use a change of scenery.

Don’t want or need Zegras.
Do need and want Chabot.

What’s that supposed to mean? I was raised in America and it’s my home, but I’m born in Ottawa, fun fact.

No I’m not a Sens fan, but that’s besides the point you made.

Really? You can’t understand the plain meaning of what I said? Sorry if was too literal.
I think it’s pretty clear that I’m implying there isn’t a Sens fan alive who would make this trade.

Reactions: Play

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Don’t want or need Zegras.
Do need and want Chabot.

Really? You can’t understand the plain meaning of what I said? Sorry if was too literal.
I think it’s pretty clear that I’m implying there isn’t a Sens fan alive who would make this trade.
No it makes sense, just thought it would be an appropriate time to bring up I was born in Ottawa since I probably would have never gotten the chance to say otherwise.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Don't really want to see Sanderson go anywhere. Need to keep him away from Chabot who appears to be hitting the bong on the bench between shifts and forgetting he's actually playing real hockey and not the pond style.

?
Chabot has been great the last 10 games or so and looks like himself again.
Weird timing for that take…

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
to shake things up, possibly gives Ducks one of the best d corps for the future and turns Ottawas forward crop truly dangerous
Ottawa needs d men they're set up front, very poor evaluation of team need. They have Stutzle, Norris, Pinto and Greig down the middle. McTavish is great but Sanderson is the best d on the team by far. Maybe the best player.

Ottawa needs a stay at home top 4 RD. That's it.

Reactions: Tuna99 and Play

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Chychrun likely not staying, the answer is clearly trade the other young LHD so that once again Chabot is on an island alone on the left side. Chychrun or Chabot will be the ones moved if a LHD is moved.
How is it likely he is not staying?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Ducks hang up the phone. Sanderson is very good, but McTavish has such a unique skill set

Sanderson will be a top 5 NHL Dmen start of next year - include 3 first round picks with Mactabish and Ottawa still won’t do it.

Silly

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

His value will be so high this deadline they’ll trade him to restructure the teAm.

Only have about 5-6 million next year in Cap space and still need to resign Pinto and 2 players for a full roster - just doesn’t have the cash.

Can move Branny and Forsberg to fee up about $2 million but they are right to the Cap

Reactions: Play

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
I don't care how good MacTavish can be, there is zero chance the Sens will ever trade Sanderson.

He's already their best defenseman in his 2nd year. I'm not a huge "advanced stats" guy, but he was at 91% on the most recent "score card". The eye test shows the supreme talent and hockey IQ. He was drafted as a great defender that might not have offensive upside, he has clearly shown the offensive upside. Incredible skating and mobility that you don't see often. Great stick skills defensively. Takes as few minor penalties (I'm not talking about offsetting or fluke puck over glass) as any one out there.

To me, Sanderson is the most untouchable Sen. #1 defenseman, future all-star. If forced to, I'd trade Stutzle and Brady before I'd trade Sanderson.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Sanderson and Faber are the 2 best 2-way D 23 and under in the league. Power is a tier down. None of the 3 are getting moved for anything short of a superstar.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
Sanderson will be a top 5 NHL Dmen start of next year - include 3 first round picks with Mactabish and Ottawa still won’t do it.

Silly
A top 5 NHL dman…. And you think what the other guy said was silly.

Let’s pump the brakes a bit here.

Reactions: Vipers31

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Watc
A top 5 NHL dman…. And you think what the other guy said was silly.

Let’s pump the brakes a bit here.
If you watched him for 2 games you’ll see. Don’t read the scouting reports. He’s easily one of the best skaters in the NHL and his hockey sense is elite

Could be the Best player Otawa has ever had and that is saying a lot with Chara and Karlsson

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Watc

If you watched him for 2 games you’ll see. Don’t read the scouting reports. He’s easily one of the best skaters in the NHL and his hockey sense is elite

Could be the Best player Otawa has ever had and that is saying a lot with Chara and Karlsson
Sharks want Norris

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton

His value will be so high this deadline they’ll trade him to restructure the teAm.

Only have about 5-6 million next year in Cap space and still need to resign Pinto and 2 players for a full roster - just doesn’t have the cash.

Can move Branny and Forsberg to fee up about $2 million but they are right to the Cap
I mean his contract has a year or two left and it was reported he isn't inclined to resign long term in Ottawa. He'll likely be moved for cap and to not lose him for nothing.

Reactions: Tuna99 and Play

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I mean his contract has a year or two left and it was reported he isn't inclined to resign long term in Ottawa. He'll likely be moved for cap and to not lose him for nothing.
Chychurn was mad at that report, saying it was totally false, and love’s playing in his second home of Ottawa.
The question is can they afford him, or prefer to swap a left D for a right D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad