Player Discussion Mason Lohrei

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Dumb question.... ATO - Amateur Try Out....so does that mean he is not a pro? Could he go back to Ohio State?

You can not play a professional game (including the CHL) even exhibition game and retain your NCAA eligibility, even without a contract. But, an ATO is a contract.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
You can not play a professional game (including the CHL) even exhibition game and retain your NCAA eligibility, even without a contract. But, an ATO is a contract.

thanks

Reactions: bruinsfan1968

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005

Thanks, Dom.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Gawd I hope not!

Edited my own post above really terrible scouting and word choice on my part. Take your pick. Probably a good dose of both. But Mason seemed like a good guy to me. Not too full of himself on this occasion but rather humble and kind to an admitted goofball.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Watching him play as much as possible, I feel like a better comparison is Dougie Hamilton, different league so it’s somewhat hard to place how Lorhei would have done in the OHL vs NCAA, and I think he’ll be more of as assist guy rather than goals (leaning into assists rather than goals) but play style and ability he reminds me of Dougie, and dougie’s point totals I think are a reasonable projection for what his stats will look like when he gets acclimated as an NHL defensemen
As long as he doesn't have any injuries like him, that would be awesome. Though he was described as Cale Makar. I'll take either lol

Reactions: HustleB

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Watching him play as much as possible, I feel like a better comparison is Dougie Hamilton, different league so it’s somewhat hard to place how Lorhei would have done in the OHL vs NCAA, and I think he’ll be more of as assist guy rather than goals (leaning into assists rather than goals) but play style and ability he reminds me of Dougie, and dougie’s point totals I think are a reasonable projection for what his stats will look like when he gets acclimated as an NHL defensemen
I actually think he’s more of a Sergachev. They have a similar length/height(masons prolly taller) and they are both lefties that get shots through from the point

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I actually think he’s more of a Sergachev. They have a similar length/height(masons prolly taller) and they are both lefties that get shots through from the point
Really don’t see it. Lohrei is an incredibly creative offensive player and is an excellent passer. He’s big and rangy and is a natural PP QB. Sergachev is more of a north-south straight ahead guy with more physicality and isn’t a very talented offensive player (relatively of course).

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
He will be on the team next year in the playoffs and will make a impact. Monty’s system was made for him

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I think he’s more like Lohrei.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad