Player Discussion Mason Lohrei

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Very happy to get this done, and get Mason down to Providence. The more games he gets there the better suited he will be to compete for a sport in training camp. So very much hoping for a long postseason run

It will be interesting to see how he adapts. He did a lot of things at OSU because he could, but also because he had to. He will need to pick and chose more on his aggression.

Reactions: sarge88

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

I'll be honest I've seen only highlights of Lohrei, but that doesn't look like Lohrei. Unless the person recording is using their front camera of their phone, that person in the video is right handed and Lohrei is left handed. The source of the tweet is very much a prankster too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kegs and 4ORRBRUIN

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I'll be honest I've seen only highlights of Lohrei, but that doesn't look like Lohrei. Unless the person recording is using their front camera of their phone, that person in the video is right handed and Lohrei is left handed. The source of the tweet is very much a prankster too.

yeah, could be my mistake. I just post what I come across. Sometimes I miss.

Ill delete it

Last edited:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
yeah, could be my mistake. I just post what I come across. Sometimes I miss.

Ill delete it

No biggie, we all miss things and if you hadn't posted it I'm sure someone else would have. It actually didn't even register to me at first that it wasn't him until I watched a few more times and realized the person was right handed lol. So even I was mistaken when I first watched.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I just met and shook Mason’s hand at Logan. He was carrying his own hockey bag or I would have thought he was just some young kid traveling. He seemed kind though we didn’t even talk for 30 seconds. It was just “Excuse me your Mason Lohrei right?” And he replied either Yes or yup shook hands. I told him good luck with the Bruins and he said thank you with a huge smile as though I weren’t an annoyance. 😀😀😀

Follow up, I was so geeked I had to tell some random dude at the airport because he was the first sports fan I identified.

Last edited:

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Honestly he didn’t seem very big to me. He was even a bit gentle though maybe out of a kind heart.

Edit hours after posting.
To be fair maybe he was hunched over. And as to the gentle statement. I also have a Brother In Law who is 6’6” and probably over 250 who also shakes your hand in a way that is commensurate with the person he meets. It makes sense a player with soft hands on the ice wouldn’t crush mine if he didn’t want too.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
tenor (29).gif
tenor (29).gif

• Haha
Reactions: Gordoff and HustleB

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
People can laugh, but I think he’ll end up better than Chychrun

As long as he doesn't have any injuries like him, that would be awesome. Though he was described as Cale Makar. I'll take either lol

Honestly he didn’t seem very big to me. He was even a bit gentle though maybe out of a kind heart.

That video wasn't of him at camp yet. He's a big boy though.

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010
Is there any chance that he plays in Hartford tonight?

I am going to the game and would love to see him play, but I assume that it would be very unlikely given that he just signed today...

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I just met and shook Mason’s hand at Logan. He was carrying his own hockey bag or I would have thought he was just some young kid traveling. He seemed kind though we didn’t even talk for 30 seconds. It was just “Excuse me your Mason Lohrei right?” And he replied either Yes or yup shook hands. I told him good luck with the Bruins and he said thank you with a huge smile as though I weren’t an annoyance. 😀😀😀

Follow up, I was so geeked I had to tell some random dude at the airport because he was the first sports fan I identified.
D30B8771-DEEA-4278-8A9E-5C48A0D80A11.jpeg

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Great job by Sweengenius here. Have to admit he's quietly become a top GM in the NHL.
I wonder if crow is good with a side salad?:poutine::whatever:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad