Player Discussion Mason Lohrei

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Yeah that says it all right there. Zegras. Ducks have a “low end 1C” locked up for less than $6M for the next two years and he’s on the block. Happens all the time too
The Ducks are fighting admirably for last overall. Why are we using them as a model? I’m confused.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Wonder who would be having the better year between Lohrei and Mitchell Miller had the latter had less toxic baggage and could have been snuck onto the roster.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Who the hell is Mason Lorhei?

Typical Sweeney with the draft day reach on a guy no one's heard of.
Smart fans are ok with off the board picks later in the draft like taking Lohrei at the end of the second round, ahead of where he was projected.

They have a problem when their GM goes off the board when slam dunk consensus picks fall to them in the first round and the GM goes off board thinking he and his scouts are smarter than the slam dunk consensus.

Reactions: BMC and 4ORRBRUIN

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Smart fans are ok with off the board picks later in the draft like taking Lohrei at the end of the second round, ahead of where he was projected.

They have a problem when their GM goes off the board when slam dunk consensus picks fall to them in the first round and the GM goes off board thinking he and his scouts are smarter than the slam dunk consensus.
That was 9 years ago

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

Not digging at old scabs, just celebrating a great pick

Last edited:

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
That was 9 years ago

Sweeney was gm for about a week when the 2015 draft happened. Get over it. This team has been good ever since he took over. Sweeney is literally the best gm the bruins have had in my life.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
He’s not meant to be comped.

going to be the guy others are comped to just like Marchand is

That’s like going by your first name

Still sad that overtime shot in Calgary didn’t go in - a legend would have been born
Better to be the only than it is to be the best

Reactions: DKH

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
kid making me feel super excited about what could be in the near future with a few more lbs and games under his belt.

He`ll never be a bruiser but put on a bit of weight to be able to really lean on opponents and win a few more battles in his own zone

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Were you born after Peter chiarelli’s tenure?
Chiarelli won the cup. Then proceeded to run the team to the ground. When he left the team was a shell of its cup winning days. I love chiarelli. But he wasn’t better with salary cap management. And he wasn’t better at trading. That’s just my opinion. Sweeney has kept this team a top team the entire time he has been here including his first season when he traded away some bad contracts and turned the team into a winner again.

Chiarellis brought chara. He also added Nathan Horton at the trade deadline. He signed Tim Thomas I think? Savard was a beauty too. But after they won the cup he made some bad trades and the team got a little worse every year. I was mad they fired him. But looking back they made the right choice.

Besides. Sweeney drafted this beauty….

Attachments

• 0EF7CBF0-6067-4C13-B253-2084DCDC2A03.png
    0EF7CBF0-6067-4C13-B253-2084DCDC2A03.png
    368 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: DKH

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
kid making me feel super excited about what could be in the near future with a few more lbs and games under his belt.

He`ll never be a bruiser but put on a bit of weight to be able to really lean on opponents and win a few more battles in his own zone
I agree.

Fans need to understand that he is young and is green. Mistakes will be made.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I couldn't care less about the defensive lapses, he's a young rookie D it comes with the territory.

His offensive production (and effect) outweighs the gaffes by a lot.

• Love
Reactions: TCB

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Isn't it crazy to think people were complaining about the pick as soon he was drafted. What's that saying again? Patience is a virtue? Maybe we all know jackshit about hockey

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I couldn't care less about the defensive lapses, he's a young rookie D it comes with the territory.

Oh he needs to figure that stuff out for sure, but he's making progress.

He used to have this bad habit of inviting contact when he had the puck in his own end. Maybe it worked for him at lower levels, because he could use his length, skating and stick handling to shield the puck and motor up the ice. In the NHL it will bring nothing but pain. He still does it every once in a while but he's getting much quicker with his decision making and moving the puck.

Reactions: Ladyfan

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020

With Hampus healthy there's almost no chance he plays in the playoffs (until an injury). Particularly if Sweeney goes and gets a physical D (that would definitely seal the deal).

It'll be Wotherspoon and the new guy (or Forbort).

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
With Hampus healthy there's almost no chance he plays in the playoffs (until an injury). Particularly if Sweeney goes and gets a physical D (that would definitely seal the deal).

It'll be Wotherspoon and the new guy (or Forbort).
If they play Wotherspoon or Forbort over Lohrei then they'll get what they deserve.

But really, we're talking about Lohrei in the top 4 role next to Carlo or McAvoy. Forbort or Wotherspoon wouldn't play there.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Winning goal vs Vegas.Just remember it was him that scored it not all these other players who have spots nailed down in cement.Just saying ,it was him not them :teach: I would rather watch this kid play then every D man they have not named McAvoy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad