NFL: Marvin Harrison is more HoF worthy than Terrell Owens

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I could easily find more supporting evidence, I just didn't feel like it was necessary. These things were pretty obvious issues over the course of his entire career -- so much so that I'm shocked anybody who watched him play would attempt to argue otherwise.

and you're missing the point anyway - I am not saying those things detracted so much that he was a bad player or unworthy of the HOF - I am saying those things are his weaknesses just as Marvin's lack of size/speed/strength were his.

Don't you find it telling that an NFL GM mentioned those two things first as reasons for his team-hopping, without even bringing up his rep as locker room poison?

And again, the more yards/TDs is a non-argument, 1,400 yards in two years would be below-average production for most #2 WRs in football right now.

You'll find varying opinions among GM's just like you will find varying opinions on pretty much everything in life. It's not a determining factor for this and all it really does is distract from the overall point. Those weaknesses, even if you were given that which is still a load of crap, don't determine who is more worthy of belonging in the Hall. Your argument about what is below-average production now when their careers are obviously not now is irrelevant. It also ignores the item that you have been consistently avoiding. There's only one reason why that gap is as small as it is. That's because of Peyton Manning. If Owens was playing with him or if Harrison was playing with the QB's Owens had, it wouldn't even be close in Owens' favor. You can try to talk about strengths and weaknesses all you want but it doesn't matter. There's no reasonable argument to be made that Owens wouldn't be great with Manning and pretending like route running makes that much of a difference with Manning is ridiculous. Every offense TO was involved in was a timing offense. That's football.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
You're flat, dead-ass wrong, but whatever. I don't care enough about the topic to continue arguing it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad