NFL: Marvin Harrison is more HoF worthy than Terrell Owens

Elvis P

WNBA fan since 1997
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
If you were voting for the HOF this year and your ballot only had room for one wide receiver this year (you can still vote for the other guy next year), which one of these two would get your vote this year?

Last edited:

Ness

New Age Retro Hippie
Dec 5, 2008
Denver
Owens....but I think it's closer than people might think. Marv and Peyton were on another level when it came to QBs and WRs being on the same page. They were a treat to watch. Harrison was speedy, ran extremely precise routes, and his hands were elite.

But yeah, I'll stick with TO for my pick. He was a physical freak and could single-handedly take over a game by himself.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
TO never played with a qb anywhere near Peyton's level. Not to take away from Marvin. He was a great wr, but it's TO without hesitation. He better go in as a Niner.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Owens....but I think it's closer than people might think. Marv and Peyton were on another level when it came to QBs and WRs being on the same page. They were a treat to watch. Harrison was speedy, ran extremely precise routes, and his hands were elite.

But yeah, I'll stick with TO for my pick. He was a physical freak and could single-handedly take over a game by himself.

Big coincidence Peyton is a top 5 QB of all time.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I've never felt that Harrison was as good as his stats showed. I always felt Peyton made him look substantially better than he was.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I've never felt that Harrison was as good as his stats showed. I always felt Peyton made him look substantially better than he was.

I don't know if he made him look that much better, but Marv was a perfect fit with Manning. I certainly don't think he would've been great with a bad QB.

But it's TO for me. Their careers overlapped pretty much perfectly and TO was pretty much always better. Pretty good era for great receivers we had in the late 90s/early 00s, probably the best threesome ever.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I don't know if he made him look that much better, but Marv was a perfect fit with Manning. I certainly don't think he would've been great with a bad QB. .

Which is why its easily T.O Luckily for Harrison he has able to play with a top 5 QB of all time and one of the leagues best offences overall. Owens had who, late-career Steve Young, Jeff Garcia, Donavan McNabb and Tony Romo?

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Which is why its easily T.O Luckily for Harrison he has able to play with a top 5 QB of all time and one of the leagues best offences overall. Owens had who, late-career Steve Young, Jeff Garcia, Donavan McNabb and Tony Romo?

Those last two don't suck. They're very good QBs.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
A lot of brave people in this thread openly going against Harrison. Careful now.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site

None as good as Peyton but those are four good QBs he played with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad