Martin Necas

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
This is still a development year for him. witH THAT SAid, I’d be shocked if he turned out to be less than a 60 point player in years to come. He definitely has elite offensive talent and he plays more physical than I thought. He looks more like a winger right now than a C. But I think 60 points will be his eventual floor. Not this year of course. 40 points would be a nice goal this season. I think he will be a PPG player eventually. Surprised by the ney-sayers. Just trying to not get too excited?

18 goals and 35 assists will be his floor in a bad year.

Okay, so he's Martin Havlat.

That don't impress me much.

Last edited:
Reactions: AD Skinner

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
I think he will be a PPG player eventually. Surprised by the ney-sayers. Just trying to not get too excited?

18 goals and 35 assists will be his floor in a bad year.
I was the one who suggested 53 points—and I was trying not to overstate expectations.

For perspective, 53 points was top 100 in the league both of the past two seasons. That is at the top of second-line production (unless you are talking Malkin/Tavares/etc.).

That is slightly less than Ryan Johansen has produced the past three seasons; almost exactly what Derek Stepan produced from 13-14 through 17-18. If Aho/Svech/TT are all close to ppg, then 50-60 points is powerful.

I do agree that Necas will likely have a few 70 point seasons depending on line mates and power play usage.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Y'all are crazy. Necas looks good. But 50 seems like it'd be a good season for him until he adds something big to his game.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Warren Foegele’s very frustrating this year. Gets himself all sorts of scoring chances but doesn’t have the hands around the net to finish.

He’s got the moves but hasn’t got the touch. Don’t get me wrong I think he’s alright.
Might be, but that probably won't keep you warm in the middle of the night...

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Warren Foegele’s very frustrating this year. Gets himself all sorts of scoring chances but doesn’t have the hands around the net to finish.

He’s got the moves but hasn’t got the touch. Don’t get me wrong I think he’s alright.
At least Svechnikov is special and something else.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Y'all are crazy. Necas looks good. But 50 seems like it'd be a good season for him until he adds something big to his game.

50 points would seem like a good next step, sophomore type season. Once he’s full matured and has some experience, I’d think 70 point seasons would be far more likely. I don’t know what you’re watching, but the kid has it all. He just needs to add muscle and experience. Kinda think your crazy for looking at him play and suggesting 50 points to be a reasonable peak year output. I’d be more surprised if he was a regular 50 point player than if he were eventually a regular PPG type player. Especially with the offensive tools he will have around him for the foreseeable future.

In his prime, I’d expect near PPG output at least from how he looks now. If he keeps developing like this. He’s easily a top 5 pick for me if we redrafted his years draft.

He just scored 4 points in his first 10 minutes of play during today’s game. With some pretty exciting offense. Those down on him or even tempering expectations are going to be surprised in a few years I guess. Svechnikov will probably always be the teams best forward, but Aho and Necas won’t be far behind. Necas is hands down a near elite talent.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Big time necro bump but we gotta talk about this guy Meaty Nachos.

RFA at the end of the year. Very skilled offensive player and might actually be part horse.

Not saying the ship has sailed on him becoming a C at the NHL but he don’t play like one that’s for sure. Seems to like the whole RW thing.

How much $$$ he getting and for how long?

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Big time necro bump but we gotta talk about this guy Meaty Nachos.

RFA at the end of the year. Very skilled offensive player and might actually be part horse.

Not saying the ship has sailed on him becoming a C at the NHL but he don’t play like one that’s for sure. Seems to like the whole RE thing.

How much $$$ he getting and for how long?
I still think Ehlers deal is his comp. 7 years 6.15 million (accounting for difference in max cap).

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
He's at his best coming up the ice with speed and attacking off the rush. That's what a center does? In-zone offense 5v5 is pretty positionless. He does needs to get stronger to better battle down low in his own zone, particularly with Aho above him in the lineup, but that's feasible.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
8 years $7m/yr is my best guess.
Given that the year hasn't been the breakout everyone was anticipating would happen, my guess is that he opts for a bridge deal to prove he is worth more. That also probably works for him as he might get "center" minutes after this year with Trochecks probable exit....centers get more money than wingers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad