Confirmed with Link: Maroon to Edmonton

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
And Edmonton 4th Is basically a ducks 3rd. Looks like we essentially swapped maroon for mcginn, which is a good deal

pesko

Sep 14, 2004
I like Patty, but Garbutt and McGinn make him expendable, and it's 2M off the books. Still, it could've been done after the season.

DucksAreCool

Feb 24, 2015
Maroon wasn't going to do anything in the playoffs this year. He's had a down year and would not be playing with Getzlaf and Perry.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Great trade. Not bashing Maroon, but McGuinn is an instant upgrade for this year and this frees up $2M in both 2016-17 and 2017-18 - money the Ducks can use to re-sign Perron or others.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
With 2 forwards coming in someone had to go. Would have liked to kept Maroon for the playoffs though, as I think he's played better the last 15-20 games. I feel bad for Maroon being traded to the Oilers, but I understand a forward had to be traded.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Maroon wasn't going to do anything in the playoffs this year. He's had a down year and would not be playing with Getzlaf and Perry.

Yep. Nobody wanted to trade DSP either after his playoffs the year before. Things change when you aren't put beside 2 elite players.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Great trade. Not bashing Maroon, but McGuinn is an instant upgrade for this year and this frees up $2M in both 2016-17 and 2017-18 - money the Ducks can use to re-sign Perron or others.

With 2 forwards coming in someone had to go. Would have liked to kept Maroon for the playoffs though, as I think he's played better the last 15-20 games. I feel bad for Maroon being traded to the Oilers, but I understand a forward had to be traded.

My feelings as well

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma

subtracting useful players at the deadline is a terrible idea for a contender.

I figured Maroon would be gone, but I figured it'd be in the off-season when much of roster could change. This is a bad move by Murray, more of bad timing, but still, bad move on his part.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad