Votes: 92 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Pretty good. He's likely to finish top 10 in the whole league in 5v5 assists, which is impressive as hell. Good year for the Leafs I'd say

Yup. Nylander will finish right around where he did last year.....close to 20 goals and 60 points. And that was without Matthews for so long. We're all quite happy with that, I'd say!! :)

DatSnipeMatthews

Oct 5, 2017
Canada
How the sweet heck is this poll only about 2-1 for Marner?? Marner has significantly outscored him in the nhl. Heck, Marner has a higher PPG in the NHL than Fiala does in the AHL.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
He has 55 points in 77 games... Hardly the forecasts seen before the season started...
can't win em all. He had to step in at center for a good stretch of the year, his PP was ice cold, and he missed out on playing with Matthews for 20 games. and he's still roughly on the same pace as last year. I'd hardly call it a regression and it actually looks like he's taken a small step forward as he's shown he can play at center and has improved his defensive game. All in all, it looks like the Leafs have done better this year like we expected

Reactions: La Masse

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
It's always hilarious when people talk about a player regressing when the season isn't over yet.. kinda like @BruinLVGA when he was patting his back earlier in the year for apparently "calling" Marner and Nylander regressing in their second year... Woops. Newsflash: Offensive players usually score in spurts and go through hot streaks throughout the year.

Just wondering do you still hold this opinion?

Man, the doubling down and refusing to admit wrong is simply astounding.

When all else fails...... but, but, but what about Nylander!!!

Poster above mentioned me and NYLANDER. I simply replied to that.

See? If you had read the conversation, you would have avoided making a dumb statement. :nod:

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

DatSnipeMatthews

Oct 5, 2017
Canada
Poster above mentioned me and NYLANDER. I simply replied to that.

See? If you had read the conversation, you would have avoided making a dumb statement. :nod:
You're just a salty Bruins fan because you know the Leafs have a much brighter future. Outside of Pasta, the Bruins have no young forwards to write home about.

Reactions: Johnny Steps

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
You're just a salty Bruins fan because you know the Leafs have a much brighter future. Outside of Pasta, the Bruins have no young forwards to write home about.

Eight rookies scored their first NHL goal for the Bruins this year, but whatever helps you sleep at night.

E8439C43-FB58-41A9-8CF6-FA2CE00C577A.jpeg

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Do I still think Fiala has the higher ceiling? Yes. He's the better goal scorer and has relied far less on PP scoring. I still expect Marner to be the better player but I think Fiala has the potential to be a top 3 winger, though I'm not sure he'll reach it.

Marner's had a nice second season, but his production levels aren't really all that far off from last year, he's had a bit more puck luck on the PP but his 5v5 production has remained fairly consistent. His confidence seemed to take a step up once Matthews went down. Bodes well for Leaf fans.
Keep falling down those stairs. You'll make it to the top someday.

Fiala never had a higher ceiling than Marner. Not at any stage in their careers.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Fiala has a higher oiSH% on the PP than Marner does this year with the same amount of minutes. You can't credit Marner with puck luck on the PP and not Fiala. Marner's puck-luck at 5v5 has also gone down.

I was talking in comparison to Marner's rookie year, not Fiala.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
You know 5 of those rookies are D right? And one of those D you referenced has a better GPG than him :laugh:

Maybe you should have an intervention with the other one of your fellow fans who thinks Heinen=Marner

Speak about "rookies", get an answer about rookies. :teach:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad