nstarjim

Jul 5, 2018
Trade 1
Huberdeau > Marner ever so slightly
Weegar > Dermott
Tippett >> nothing
FLA SAYS NO

Trade 2
I’d Say Minny actually strongly considers, I get that JEE is looking like a Jordan Staal type and Greenway has potential but I’d still take the top line forward and the downgrade at D where they are deeper
MAYBE?

Trade 3
wash value wise, Tkachuk probably brings more versatility and why make a trade for the sake of making a trade plus he’s going to come cheaper contract wise
CGY SAYS NO

TRADE 4
Makes no sense for Toronto
TOR SAYS NO
You'd be wrong on minnesota trade. Not even close . We don't need or want marner thanks.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Not a chance Florida takes that.

Not sure this moves the needle for Florida considering they're eating around 5 million in cap. Huberdeau is pretty much untouchable and on a good contract.

Huberdeau is really good. Plus the difference in cap of $5 million is worth a huge amount. Hilarious that Florida is adding to the deal.

Huberdeau, Weegar and Tippett combined cap hits will likely still be cheaper than Marner's.

FLA says no fairly easily.

Guess you think Dermott = Weegar and Marner = Huberdeau + Tippett?

Minny and Florida proposals aren’t even close in value.

Not a damm chance Florida trades a 90 point winger for 90 point winger, and add a lot

Good thing you'd added Tippett in the deal to balance what a downgrade Hubs is from an $11 million Marner. o_O

I stopped reading after the absurd Huberdeau one lol

Life as a Panthers: one day Toronto fans say we are broke and should sell our moderately priced D for a cheap bottom pair D; the next day we are told to sell our value contract W for a winger with another 5M in cap hit and add lol

Marner and Huberdeau probably provide similar offense and rely on chemistry with start centers; I see the argument that Marner is more valuable given his younger age and slightly long team control. When you add another 5M it is lolzy: if we wanted that we would re signed Dady

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
Marner's value is at an all time low due to his contract and playoff performance

despite me being mad about it all, prob best to keep him unless they can legit get back Tkachuk or something

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa
Huberdeau has significantly more value than Marner alone, he's better and has a much better contract. Marner has age on his side but Huberdeau is young enough to where the adds from Florida seem silly.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Huberdeau has significantly more value than Marner alone, he's better and has a much better contract. Marner has age on his side but Huberdeau is young enough to where the adds from Florida seem silly.
I think Marner is a bit better than Huberdeau and this is coming from a big Huberdeau fan

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Nobody wants Marner and albatross contract. Better players available for less and better term
This isn't true at all. Name me another player close to marner that is availible who is also cheaper and better. I'll wait because there is no player that fits that criteria.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Marner is the second best player on the leafs who is good for 90 + points a season, he kills penalties very well and has some of the best on ice vision and iq that I've ever seen. Its laughable that some leaf fans are so keen on trading this kid. Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Nylander, Reilly, Muzzin, brodie, are the leafs core. Unless there is a deal that makes the leafs better all of the above mentioned players stay in Toronto.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
such as ??

Marner is overpaid by 2m per but that’s really the only bad contract.
It’s tough to say: I’d argue Matthews is overpaid given that it only covers his RFA years. Tavares was paid what the market was then but obviously not today: Pietroangelo is probably more valuable and got less

much of the criticism comes from the fact that the Leafs have 3 forwards making more than 10.5M;

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
A truly exceptional proposal, rare in both the detail provided and the way it balances needs for all teams involved. A+ would read again.
I’m dead bro. I’d like it but I got a month in the sin bin.

:skull:
such as ??

Marner is overpaid by 2m per but that’s really the only bad contract.
Tavares is also a bad contract by proxy, his contract disabled the leafs from giving him the $11 million needed to get him there and Auston is about 2 million overpaid as well considering term.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
It’s tough to say: I’d argue Matthews is overpaid given that it only covers his RFA years. Tavares was paid what the market was then but obviously not today: Pietroangelo is probably more valuable and got less

much of the criticism comes from the fact that the Leafs have 3 forwards making more than 10.5M;

Matthews has 1 ufa year covered. It was on high side at the time, but he actually lived up to it in the 1st year, and he’s still getting better. I don’t see the point in comparing Tavares contract to a COVID contract? But yeah, i agree too much tied up on The top forwards.

Reactions: hmc1987

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
I’m dead bro. I’d like it but I got a month in the sin bin.

:skull:

TBF my post was better when the OP was literally just the words "Tor - Fla". I think he made a large trade proposal in his pants at the thought of shipping out Marner for a player who has been just as productive the last three years at half the cost, and ended up hitting the "Post" button a little prematurely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad