Value of: Marner Relative to Draisaitl **pleaes re-read OP POST**

Status
Not open for further replies.

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
Where is Tyler BOzak's minutes??

JVR is terrible 5v5
That's a lie based off ice time (aside from Bozak).
Marner total ice time: 1086 mins

With:
Komarov: 36:04
Brown: 21:07
Moore: 40:37
Martin: 100:07

He also played with JVR ----- AT 5 V 5

Why don't you have a look at JVRs 5V5 Production --- oh wait, that hinders your argument.

JVR is complete GARBAGE 5V5. Look at his production 5v5 ---- Also look at Bozak's production 5v5. LOL.

Lucic/McDavid/Pulja (5v5) >>> Komarov/Martin/BRown/Moore/Bozak/JVR

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Draisaitl benefited more from his situation..

Prior to Marner joining Kadri's line ----

-------------- Kadri had 1 POINT IN 18 GAMES

-------------------------- After MARNER joining Kadri's line ---- Kadri has 20 POINTS IN 20 GAMES.

------------------------------- Point being Marner is a better catalyst than Draisaitl
------------------------------------------ LUCIC/Pulja/McDavid/etc >> Komarov/Matt Martin/Connor Brown/Bozak/Marleau/Dominic Moore.

Imagine Marner on McDavid's wing for 512 Minutes.
Jheeez.
The bolded have been disproven. Try again, its actually Bozak, Kadri, JVR, Marleau in that order (all situations). And his 2 most common D partners? Rielly and Gardiner, both 50+ points this year (more than any of Draisaitl's line mates not named McDavid).

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
That's a lie based off ice time (aside from Bozak).
Marner total ice time: 1086 mins

With:
Komarov: 36:04
Brown: 21:07
Moore: 40:37
Martin: 100:07

I’m no stats whiz like 2legit, but isnt 196 minutes of 1086 total LESS THAN HALF??

My word. Is nothing sacred? WHAT ELSE AM I BEING LIED TO ABOUT?!

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
Ignoring Connor McDavid being the best player in the WORLD BY FAR.

Even Lucic/Strome/Pulja are better than (5V5) JVR/Bozak/Komarov/Martin/Moore/Brown

How can you even compare MCDAVID to Who Marner Plays with???

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Stats in the OP don't paint the full picture at all. Takeaways are only one small part of defense, as should be apparent when both of these guys are around one takeaway per game, and there are far more defensive situations in every game.

Draisaitl handily outproduces Marner at 5 on 5. Like, he scores 4 primary points for every 3 Marner scores per minute. Huge gap. If Oilers had had a competent PP system this year, Draisaitl's per minute scoring at all strengths would likely similarly dwarf Marner's. Last year Draisaitl's per minute PP scoring was over twice what it was this year, and superior to Marner's, especially by primary points. It didn't decrease this year because Draisaitl suddenly forgot how to make plays. The Oilers' PP as a whole was hapless.

I'd take the guy whose 5 on 5 offense and transition game is superior by a big margin. Confident his PP offense will rebound when Oilers get a new PP coach.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Basically as soon as Marner got away from JVR and Bozak and hooked up with Marleau and Kadri his production has been amazing. Outside of Leon being an option as a centre there isn't much that separates the value imo.

Reactions: ACC1224

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
JVR is terrible 5v5

He also played with JVR ----- AT 5 V 5

Why don't you have a look at JVRs 5V5 Production --- oh wait, that hinders your argument.

JVR is complete GARBAGE 5V5. Look at his production 5v5 ---- Also look at Bozak's production 5v5. LOL.

Lucic/McDavid/Pulja (5v5) >>> Komarov/Martin/BRown/Moore/Bozak/JVR
I already acknowledge that he played a bunch with Bozak 5 on 5, including his numbers made no sense.

The other 4 (Martin, Brown, Moore, and Komarov have barely played with Marner at all). His most common 5v5 line mates in order are Marleau (451:06), Bozak (423:58), Kadri (416:40), and JVR (372:10). I already posted Draisaitl's most common 5v5 line mates here Marner Relative to Draisaitl **pleaes re-read OP POST**

Weird that you want to talk about 5v5 production now and not PP production.

You tell me, is McDavid, Lucic, Strome, Caggiula, Nurse, Larsson better than Marleau, Bozak, Kadri, JVR, Rielly, and Gardiner in terms of offensive support? I think its pretty damn close.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I’m no stats whiz like 2legit, but isnt 196 minutes of 1086 total LESS THAN HALF??

My word. Is nothing sacred? WHAT ELSE AM I BEING LIED TO ABOUT?!
Its even worse when you consider that 2 of those players need to be on the ice at a time so they actually have to account for almost 2200 minutes in ice time, which is less than 10%.

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
I already acknowledge that he played a bunch with Bozak 5 on 5, including his numbers made no sense.

The other 4 (Martin, Brown, Moore, and Komarov have barely played with Marner at all). His most common 5v5 line mates in order are Marleau (451:06), Bozak (423:58), Kadri (416:40), and JVR (372:10). I already posted Draisaitl's most common 5v5 line mates here Marner Relative to Draisaitl **pleaes re-read OP POST**

Weird that you want to talk about 5v5 production now and not PP production.

You tell me, is McDavid, Lucic, Strome, Caggiula, Nurse, Larsson better than Marleau, Bozak, Kadri, JVR, Rielly, and Gardiner in terms of offensive support? I think its pretty damn close.

Like I said, he played half the season with JVR/Bozak/Komarov/Moore/Matt Martin (100 Minutes)/Brown ..

Add all the minutes up ----- you will get over 50%.

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
Its even worse when you consider that 2 of those players need to be on the ice at a time so they actually have to account for almost 2200 minutes in ice time, which is less than 10%.

Like I said, he played half the season with JVR (372)/Bozak/Komarov/Moore/Matt Martin (100 Minutes)/Brown ..

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Like I said, he played half the season with JVR/Bozak/Komarov/Moore/Matt Martin (100 Minutes)/Brown ..

You did not include JVR in your original post, here it is incase you forgot.
You're correct.
Brown has been a disappointment (offensively) this season. But, he has been good defensively.

Brown does not have value to other teams, I know that he is not worth a lot.

BUT CAN YOU STOP IGNORING Draisaitl's 512 Minutes with McDavid??

Marner played with Komarov/Brown/Dominic Moore/Matt MARTIN/Tyler Slowzak FOR HALF THE SEASON

Just imagine Marner playing 512 Minutes with McDavid. LOL. / lock thread --- nuff said, Oilers fans triggered, and being ignorant //
Those numbers also have to account for close to 2200 minutes because Marner has 2 line mates on the ice at a time.

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
Careful son, one might construe calling other posters stupid as becoming ‘triggered’, and my understanding is people your age want to avoid that at all costs.

I remember this is the guy --- ChaoticOrange --- who showed all type of statistics that KLEFBOM > Rielly.

Look how stupid you look now. He is the guy who said Klefbom > Rielly.

Oilers fans are full-homers, they use no stats, just their mouths.

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017

Those numbers also have to account for close to 2200 minutes because Marner has 2 line mates on the ice at a time.

I'm dearly sorry I forgot to include JVR in my O.G. Post. I'm truly sorry. Anything I can do to make it up to you, Keyboard Nazi?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I remember this is the guy --- ChaoticOrange --- who showed all type of statistics that KLEFBOM > Rielly.

Look how stupid you look now. He is the guy who said Klefbom > Rielly.

Oilers fans are full-homers, they use no stats, just their mouths.

Huh, someone mouthing off about stats and being made to look stupid... you know, there’s an irony in this... haha

Literally in the same post you complained about me using stats (and last year Klefbom was better than Rielly, FYI) and finished it by complaining that Oilers fans don’t use stats. You’re so punch drunk from arguing with everyone you’re even contradicting yourself.

Reactions: PWJunior

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

My word, playmaking winger Marner had to play with a guy that potted 36 goals this season?

The poor dear. I mean how did he ever survive such hardships? It’s a wonder he could even lace up his skates with such a slug. 36 goals? Why didn’t the Leafs just throw a fridge out there with him?

Poor Mitch. Just terrible, what the Leafs did to him by playing him with such an awful unproductive winger with stone hands like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad